Chapter 418: Heart to Heart

Gong Tianhao did not expect that Xiao Lingyu, who was so smart and confident in his eyes, would actually feel inferior and not confident enough when it came to her feelings.

She avoided him because she didn't feel she was good enough. However, the reason why Xiao Lingyu was not confident enough in her feelings was that he did not give her enough sense of security. That was why she doubted his feelings for her. Gong Tianhao clenched his fists and took a deep breath.

'I have to do something!' Gong Tianhao suddenly sat up and placed his hands on her shoulders. He said with a serious expression, "Yu 'Er, it is my fault that you have no confidence in yourself and even doubted my feelings for you. I have never thought about this before."

Tere

Xiao Lingyu stared blankly at Gong Tianhao, who was sitting up. Her eyes were red and swollen, and there were tears at the corners of her eyes.

Gong Tianhao reached out his hands and wiped the tears from the corners of her eyes. His eyes revealed a pained expression as he asked in a serious and serious tone, "Yu 'Er, you have no confidence in me and are even worried about our future after we get married.

"The reason is that I'm the richest man in the country, right?"

Xiao Lingyu blinked and answered honestly, "Yes!"

Then, she said honestly, "From the moment I found out about your identity, I couldn't treat you as an ordinary man.

"I used to work in a big company in City Z and saw many rich and powerful men.

"Among those men, many of them had young and beautiful mistresses because their wives had turned old.

"But these people seemed to forget that their wives were once beautiful girls too. They suffered with their husbands because of love. So they took off their beautiful dresses, put on ordinary household clothes, stayed at home to care for their husband and children, and waited on their in-laws.

"However, the husbands didn't see that. They only saw how their wives had turned into middle-aged women. The women sacrificed so much to make the men successful, only for the men to find another woman, a young and beautiful woman.

"Gong Tianhao, don't you feel sad for these women?"

Gong Tianhao's eyes darkened. Just as he was about to say something, Xiao Lingyu placed her hand on his mouth, indicating for him to stop talking for the time being. "Shh, don't say anything. Let me finish."

Xiao Lingyu continued, "Gong Tianhao, you already have all the wealth, so I don't need to sacrifice anything for you. "However, I'm just an ordinary woman. It's precisely because you already have everything that I don't believe that your love for me can last a lifetime.

"It's precisely because you have everything that I know other women would throw themselves at you. You'd always be surrounded by beautiful women.

"So, if I marry you, do you want me to worry about you and those women every day? I would spend my days fighting with those women, and that is not a life I want for myself. That life will just be miserable.

"Actually, I didn't think that you really wanted to marry me. I always thought that your feelings for me were just novel. After the phase passes, I'll end up as another one of your exes. "Therefore, I have never considered marrying

you."

Gong Tianhao, "..." The misunderstanding was simply too big.

"Yu 'Er," Gong Tianhao suddenly grabbed Xiao Lingyu's hand tightly and said very seriously, "If you are so worried about that, then I will transfer all of my current wealth to your name and let you be the richest person in the country.