Chapter 529: Xiao Tong's Reincarnation

When Xiao Tong was still in his mother's womb, he had already heard the story of the Shan family's ancestors many times.

Back then, the Shan family's ancestor, Shan Yufei, managed to ascend with his wife, bringing glory and honor to the Shan Family for thousands of years.

However, in the ten thousand years afterward, there were no more ascended from the Shan family. In fact, the Shan Family no longer had any descendants with pure water spiritual roots.

Gradually, the honor earned by Shan Yufei faded away. The Shan family withered like a flower. The Shan family dropped from the number one family in the continent to a third-rate family.

In these thousands of years, many nascent soul stage grandmasters appeared. These people coveted the secret of Shan Yufei's ascension. Therefore, the Shan Family was still targeted despite their gradual deterioration.

There were even people who wanted to wipe out the Shan family to unearth Shan Yufei's secret. However, these people were worried about the ascended. They were afraid that Shan Yufei would come down to visit his descendants. Even though the ascended normally would cut off their earthly bonds, Shan Yufei was an exception, supported by the fact that he had ascended with his wife. Therefore, he would look after his descendants.

If he found out the Shan Family had been wiped out, how would he react? The fury of an ascended was not to be trifled with.

Therefore, for assurance, those people only stole from the Shan family and didn't kill them. The Shan Family couldn't do anything and allowed their treasures to be taken away by outsiders slowly.

...

Xiao Tong was reborn in the womb of the Shan family's eldest daughter-in-law. Her husband was the beloved eldest son. However, Xiao Tong's mother was an ordinary commoner, so she was not welcomed by the family. The eldest son, Shan Lingfei, was a cultivator who was starting to show signs of a genius.

If he wanted to marry, his wife should be a talented cultivator like him. That way, he would earn more resources for his cultivation. However, Shan Lingfei fell in love with a common village girl when he went out to train. If his family barred him from marrying her, he'd rather leave the family.

Shan Lingfei had his own opinions since he was young, and his personality was stubborn. If he made a decision, no one could stop him.

If the family really did not agree to their marriage, then Shan Lingfei would really run away from home. The Shan Family would lose a genius. The family head and a few elders discussed it and could only agree to this marriage.

However, this was merely a delaying tactic.

Not long after the marriage, Shan Lingfei's wife, Xiaohe, became pregnant. This made Shan Lingfei extremely happy.

He clung to his wife all day and wanted to accompany his son. This made the family members very anxious. Shan Lingfei was losing his focus in his training. This was not good. Furthermore, if Shan Lingfei did not leave, how would they make a move on Shi Xiaohe?

The family head and the elders once again had a secret discussion.

Finally, when Shi Xiaohe was six months pregnant, the family arranged a mission for Shan Lingfei to complete.

No matter how reluctant Shan Lingfei was, he could only leave his wife and child.

The moment he left, someone sent Shi Xiaohe a bowl of medicine. It was actually a bowl of aphrodisiac!

Then, Shi Xiaohe was caught in bed with another man by the entire family head and a few elders.

However, in order not to affect Shan Lingfei's execution of the mission, no one spread the news that Shi Xiaohe had an affair with a servant because she was too lonely.