Chapter 426: Annul

Jiang Tao and Gong Tianhao returned to the Gong family, while Xiao Lingyu returned to the Xiao family.

When they arrived at the Gong family, Grandfather Gong was really happy to see Jiang Tao.

"Little Peach, you're here," Grandfather Gong said with a smile. "It's good that you're here. Hao 'Er is getting married. The banquet will be held in a few days, so you must attend it." Jiang Tao, "..."

Gong Tianhao, "..."

Grandfather, these words of yours are like thousands of arrows piercing the heart. Do you know Little Peach like your granddaughter-in-law?

After Jiang Tao heard Grandfather Gong's words, he forced out a smile and said, "Is that

SO?"

Grandfather Gong narrowed his eyes and felt that something was wrong with Jiang Tao. He then asked with some doubt, "Little Peach, are you not feeling well?"

Jiang Tao, "..."

Gong Tianhao, "..."

Jiang Tao shook his head and said, "Grandfather, I'm not feeling unwell. Perhaps I'm a little tired from the long journey."

That was a lie. The thing that tired him was realizing the woman he liked ended up with his good brother. And the woman made it very clear that she didn't like him. However, he also knew from the start that she never did like him. This made him feel very complicated.

Old Master Gong looked at Jiang Tao's appearance and started to wonder. He still felt that there was something on Little Peach's mind.

Old Master Gong's peripheral vision slowly swept over to Gong Tianhao's side. However, he suddenly noticed that half of his face seemed to be a little swollen, and there were traces of blood in the corner of his mouth.

From the looks of it, he seemed to have been beaten up.

Grandfather Gong asked in puzzlement, "Hao 'Er, what happened to your face? Who hit you? Is it Yu 'Er?" But the girl shouldn't be able to bruise his grandson that easily.

Gong Tianhao wiped the corner of his mouth again, and his gaze swept over Jiang Tao as he said, "It's fine. It wasn't Yu 'Er."

Grandfather Gong looked at Gong Tianhao suspiciously for a moment. Then his gaze swept over Jiang Tao's face again. His expression became even more unnatural.

Old Master Gong narrowed his eyes. 'Hao 'Er and Tao 'Er have something going in. Did they have some kind of conflict? So did Tao 'Er hit Hao 'Er? But why?'

Then again, he didn't worry too much. These two had been fighting since they were young Granted, they didn't lose their temper that often anymore after they grew older. However, it was common for them to spar with their fists.

The friendship between men was actually formed through fighting. The more they fought, the deeper their friendship became. But from the looks of it, it was only his kid who was beaten up.

Regardless, Old Master Gong would not interfere. He ignored the wounds on his grandson's face and turned to Jiang Tao, "Little Peach, I heard that you are engaged to that girl from the Qin family? Congratulations. I was quite worried about your marriage. But now I don't need to worry anymore."

Jiang Tao's expression immediately stiffened. Then, he said with difficulty, "Thank you, grandfather!"

Gong Tianhao didn't want his grandfather to tear into his good brother's wounds, so he said, "Grandfather, Tao Zi and I still have some matters to attend to. We'll leave first."