Chapter 563: Fame

After returning to the Taoyuan Village, the Xiao family was very happy when they saw how good the business of the supermarket in City Z was.

However, after a while, they became worried again.

"The supermarket has a discount for the first three days of opening. Will the previous customers be scared away?" Grandma Xiao began to worry again.

Grandpa Xiao didn't have such worries. He said cheerfully, "Old Woman, didn't you say that you trust your grandchildren? Don't worry so much.

"Based on what our eldest granddaughter said, the supermarket is going for the high-end market. The main audience is the rich. The rich don't care about the money for vegetables."

Grandma Xiao relaxed her brows and said with a smile, "Old man, you're right. We don't have to worry."

"Hey, Yu 'Er is back!" Grandma Xiao saw Xiao Lingyu's car driving back.

"Yu 'Er is back for Tong 'Er," Grandpa Xiao said, "But it's not good rushing back and forth like this. It's too tiring."

"Indeed!" Grandma Xiao agreed. "Let's discuss it later and see if we can buy or rent a house in City Z. When Yu 'Er goes to City Z, Qiuying can go with her."

"The weather is still cold. Yu 'Er might get a cold rushing around like this," Grandpa Xiao said, "Yes, we should discuss buying or renting a house with Yu 'Er. If it's a matter of money, we can provide her with our retirement funds."

Grandma Xiao agreed, "Okay! The houses in City Z are expensive, but we can rent a small suite."

While they were talking, Xiao Lingyu drove to the front of the courtyard.

Seeing her grandparents standing at the door, she called out, "Grandpa and Grandma."

The two elders smiled and said, "Yu 'Er, welcome back!"

Xiao Lingyu came back early in the morning and did not have breakfast yet.

Grandma Xiao immediately went to the kitchen and made simple fried egg noodles for Xiao Lingyu. She smiled and said, "Come, have some breakfast."

Although Grandma Xiao's cooking skills were not as good as that of her second daughter-in-law, she was much better than Xiao Lingyu and the others.

"Thank you, Grandma!" Xiao Lingyu said with a smile.

While Xiao Lingyu was eating the noodles, Grandma Xiao said, "Yu 'Er, your grandfather and I were discussing just now. We are going to take out our retirement money and buy you a house in City Z so that you won't have to run back and forth like this anymore."

Grandpa Xiao also nodded and said, "With the big supermarket opening in City Z, you need a place to stay in City Z.

"Of course, we hope we can get to buy a house instead of renting one.

"Even though our retirement funds aren't much, it should be enough for the rental deposit."

Hearing this, Xiao Lingyu smiled and said, "Grandpa, I was already planning to buy a house in City Z, but how could I use your retirement funds? That would be unfilial."

Grandma Xiao hesitated for a moment and asked, "I heard that the houses in City Z are very expensive. Now that you have invested so much, do you still have the money to buy a house?"

Xiao Lingyu used her money to rent a mountain, build a factory, and open a supermarket. All in all, she had invested tens of millions. How could she still have the money?

Xiao Lingyu said, "Grandpa and Grandma, don't worry. I don't have much money now, but I can still buy a house with a down payment."

With the monthly income of all her stores, a down payment was enough.