Chapter 420: Marriage

Could Mother Xiao and Father Xiao not know that Gong Tianhao and Xiao Lingyu had been going behind their back? Of course, they knew. They chose to turn a blind eye to it.

In the past, they didn't know that the child in their daughter's belly was Gong Tianhao's. However, now that they knew, they couldn't really break up the couple. If they did, it would hurt their daughter and grandson.

They were only teaching Gong Tianhao a lesson. If Gong Tianhao couldn't even bear this, they would worry about their daughter marrying him.

Father Xiao and his brothers drank and chatted in the courtyard while Mother Xiao and her sisters-in-law were gossiping on the other side.

However, what they cared about the most was the relationship of the two daughters of the Xiao family.

Xiao Lingyun was still in the process of adjusting her emotions. So they let her be for now. So the topic was Xiao Lingyu's relationship.

"Second sister, you can rest easy now that the origin of the child in Yu 'Er's stomach is clarified." Fourth Aunt Xiao said with a smile. In the past, they were worried that the child in her stomach would affect Xiao Lingyu's marriage, but they had no worry anymore.

Or, rather they had a different worry. In the past, they didn't know about Gong Tianhao's identity. Now that they did, they were worried about Xiao Lingyu's future.

There were too many rich and powerful men on the television who were revealed to have mistresses. There was even news where the husbands tried to harm their wives to ensure that the wives wouldn't take away their money.

In the past, the Xiao Family didn't think they'd one day be related to those rich people on the television. This was a classic Cinderella story.

However, life in the castle wasn't easy. There was a lot of scheming and politics. Even for the viewers, the problems between two completely different in-laws were already very terrifying, much less when their daughter had to be in it.

Mother Xiao sighed and said, "Regarding the child's status, there is no need to worry anymore. However, with Tianhao's status... if Yu 'Er marries him, I am afraid that she will suffer in the future."

Eldest Aunt Xiao said with a smile, "Qiuying, you don't have to worry too much. Didn't Tianhao promise that he wouldn't be unfaithful to Yu 'Er? He even promised to transfer his wealth to her."

Third Aunt Xiao also agreed, "That's right. Second Sister, Tianhao really likes our Yu 'Er. That's why he did so much for Yu 'Er. He is willing to give his everything to Yu 'Er. We shouldn't worry too much."

"Previously, Yu 'Er was worried that Tianhao only liked her because of the child. But now, it has been made clear that Tianhao likes the child because of Yu 'Er.

"His love for Yu 'Er is true. As for whether his heart will change or not in the future, no one can say for sure. Actually, even a poor man can cheat on his wife. So why worry?" Fourth Aunt Xiao said.

"Human heart is truly unpredictable." Eldest Aunt Xiao said, "Look at the news on the television. All those broken-up couples used to love each other like crazy, but in the end, they turned on each other like enemies."

Mother Xiao fell silent.

Fourth Aunt Xiao said again, "Second Sister, our Yu 'Er has always been a smart child. She is also a child with great drive. When Chen Ran betrayed her, Yu 'Er didn't give up. She took revenge. Second Sister, Yu 'Er is not a child who will suffer silently."

Mother Xiao sighed and said, "That may be the case, but it is hard to say in a relationship. Yu 'Er was able to take revenge on Chen Ran and the Chen family because Chen Ran and the Chen family did not have any power. Yu 'Er only succeeded because she had help from a powerful man.