𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 - 𝐕𝐈

VICTORIA MORETTI

VICTORIA MORETTI

I woke up to a ringing noise, I was to lazy to even move from my position so I let it ring till it stopped.

But it didn't stop, every time the ringing noise would end, it would ring again, and again. I was sick and tired of hearing the same ringing noise, plus it was making my head hurt.

I turned to my right and fell. "Fuck." I groaned in pain. I totally forgot I quite literally crashed on the couch rather than my bed last night. I lazily got up from the floor. My back aching, even though it was a good sleep I felt like a punching bag and thousands of punches hit me, I felt sore.

I tiredly turned my head to the direction of the ringing noise, noticing the noise came from the kitchen. I walked up to my kitchen island, spotting my purse I walked up to it searching for my phone, guessing that's what making all this noise.

Once I felt my phone in my hand I pulled it out of my purse and saw a ton of messages. As I was scrolling through the overwhelming number of messages I spotted an unknown number. I clicked on the message and saw 'Hey, did you get home safe?' Sent 2:49 am.

'Damn how long were we there?' I wondered.

I was confused on who it was sending me the message, but then I put the puzzle pieces together and figured it was Tom.

Just to make sure it was Tom I texted the number, due to it probably being a person who typed in the wrong number. 'Is this Tom?' Sent 1:07pm. I set my phone down turning around and going to brush my teeth. I hated having bad breath or just knowing I haven't brushed my teeth, it just gives me the ick.

As I was close to the bathroom door, I heard a ring. "You gotta be kidding me." I said out loud annoyed.

My curiosity got this best of me, and I had to get a look on what notification it was.

As I got there I was kinda getting excited by the second, don't know why. But if I have to be honest with you these past few days I've been feeling something I haven't felt, like it's a feeling I can not describe, I don't know it's a good feeling or not, but as long as it's not bothering me with my work I'll work through the feeling.

I slid on the floor making me go forward a bit to the counter where my phone is. I checked who sent me a notification, and to my guess it was that unknown number, the unknown person replied saying 'Yes, it's me Tom.' Sent 1:09pm. Well now I know it's Tom, but my main question is who gave him my number? I replied to his message saying 'Okay. Quick question though how did you get my number?' Sent 1:10pm. He replied in a heartbeat.

'I have my ways sweetheart.' He said.

Now I'm intrigued, how did he actually get my phone number because other than Alessandro, my colleagues, and a couple of friends, oh and my little sister. There weren't anyone else who had my phone number. And Tom definitely doesn't have my friends phone number, or it wouldn't be likely. Tom also doesn't have my little sisters phone number. Talking about my little sister I haven't seen her in forever. I think the last time I've seen her was the day we got separated, because of what happened to my father and mother. But that's gonna be another story at a different time. Getting back to the topic of my little sister and I getting separated, I was only eleven at the time and my sister was eight.