𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 - 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

VICTORIA MORETTI

VICTORIA MORETTI

"IT'S EXPLOSIVE!" Alessandro yells, I grew frantic fast. "How many seconds Alessandro?" I ask, raising my voice loud enough so he can hear. "Forty-five seconds!" He replies. I look up at him, my eyes widening.

"Tom get your gun and start smashing the lock as hard as you can, okay?" I say, my heart beating faster and faster by the second. He quickly nods, before digging into his pocket and pulling out another gun.

I turn my focus to the chain in my ankle, I started smashing the metal. Using all my might, all my strength to break this stupid chain.

"Thirty seconds!" I heard a voice say. I hit the metal with more force this time, smashing it until I could see white on my knuckles, until I would see my veins almost pop out of my skin.

"Come on." I repeated quietly over and over again. I hit the metal on last time before it finally broke. I sighed in relief, quickly turning around to see if Tom was free.

"Are you almost out?" I ask, picking up the gun that I placed on the dirt. "No, not yet." He says, grunting as he beats the chain harder and harder. Since he was hitting the lock, I decided to hit the chain.

We were getting closer and closer. "Ten seconds!" Alessandro yells. I look up to Tom, a worried expression on my face. Tom looked back at me, the same look on his face. Continuing hitting the metal.

"Nine!"

"Eight!"

"Seven!"

"Six!"

"Five!"

The last hit Tom made was the hit where he got freed. I looked up to him in glee. "We have to go Victoria." He says, taking me by my arms.

"Four!"

We both got on our feet and made a run for it, the heels were killing me, but we were in no place to complain about the pain.

"Three!" Alessandro exclaims.

His voice becoming inaudible the more and more we run further away.

"Two!"

I started beginning to lose my breath, panting more and more as I move both legs.

"One!"

Tom grabs ahold of me, diving me into a nearby wall, his arms wrapped around me, creating protect and warmth.