𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 - 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

VICTORIA MORETTI

VICTORIA MORETTI

"Hello?" I said.

Tom kept staring at me without saying anything, it was creeping the shit out of me.

I saw Tom's eyes flicker, and I noticed he was blinking his eyes repeatedly coming back from whatever type of trance he was in.

"Oh um hey." Tom said, struggling to finding the right words. "Hello." I repeated. I waited there standing. Waiting for Tom to say something, but instead of words I received silence.

So I spoke up. "Are we gonna go to the meeting or are just gonna stand here?" I asked, with sarcasm but also genuinely asking because, well we need to go to this meeting.

"Oh, yes um, yeah let's go to my car." Tom said. I was weirded out by Tom since he doesn't act like this. Or he hasn't been acting like this for the past day I've met him, but maybe it's just a normal thing for him to do.

He started back up a bit so I could have room to walk out of my door way. Once I was fully out, I turned around and locked my front door. I quickly turned back around. I saw Tom in the distance waiting for me by his car. I started walking when I saw his lips mumble something, I wasn't close enough to hear it but I could see them moving. I was curious at first, but then quickly forgot about it.

As I got closer and closer to the car, to the point where I was right beside it, Tom opened my door. 'What a gentleman' I thought. I turned my head to his direction and gave him a small nod and smile.

I didn't think much of it since it was a kind gesture. And really it's normal for a man to open a door for a woman. Unless they're a dick.

Once I was inside. I got a gust of wind from cologne. Tom's cologne, it smell was good. Surprisingly, since everyone in the mafia wears a rich cologne, and they put so much thats it's suffocating. And when I say everyone it's mostly the men. The woman smell fresh and something I've noticed is that the perfumes they would use they had a hint of roses in them. But it smelt nice.

But Tom's cologne was different from the others, it was a bit fruity, but a good fruitiness, also it had that same richness that most men use, though it wasn't as suffocating as others I've smelt, it was nice. I felt some sort of comfort.

I got over the smell of cologne inside the car, and started examining the interior of the car. It was a nice car, I have to be honest with that. It was black all over, had leather black seats, the windows were tinted, dark.

While I was examining the car, I hadn't noticed Tom in the car, so once I was turning my head around to face the front of the car my eyes locked with Tom's eye. I was shocked, I was surprised I even did a little jump in my seat.

Tom just let laugh due to him surprising me.

I stared in front of me, looking at the tree's, bushes, just anything to avoid Tom's gaze on me. After a while I still his gaze on me and I was getting uncomfortable, so I turned my head to face Tom and once I turned my head we immediately were staring deeply into each others eyes. To get it over with I said "Are you going to continue staring at me or are you gonna drive?" Honestly if we keep up with this we're never going to this meeting. And I know Alessandro would be pissed.

Tom gave me a naughty smirk and broke eye contact to start the car. I felt weird, I felt that same feeling I could not put my finger on, once he gave me that smirk I felt the unknown feelings come up from my stomach.

The car ride was silent. It was filled with awkwardness yet I still found some comfort. I don't know how Tom feels about this car ride but I felt some tension between us.

I wish I could just ask him, but I think he would judge me and that's not what I want right now, there was already much going on today.

First, me falling of my couch, then, getting an unknown text apparently from Tom, thirdly me thinking about my past even before the mafia, fourthly Tom picking me up instead of a normal driver.

We stopped at a red light when Tom spoke up. "You look nice in that outfit." He said kindly. I felt flattered, I mean I always looked good when I went out, I wanted to be that person that you would look once, then look again. "Thank you, you don't look to bad your self." I replied giving him a compliment back.

After some time of driving, we were almost there. Tom then asked something. "Victoria, what is your full name?" I was confused on the sudden question. I mean didn't he know who I am. I'm VICTORIA MORETTI. But instead of being cocky I decided to just brush it off.

"My full name is Victoria Moretti." I said with full pride in myself.

"Why?" I said a few seconds after. I was curious.

"Because my brother wanted to know is you were 'THE Victoria Moretti." Tom said exaggerating the word 'the'. I laughed a bit. "Well tell him that yes, I'm THE Victoria Moretti." I said copying the same why Tom said my name. He let out a small laugh himself.

After a few moments, we arrived at the place Alessandro wanted us to have a meeting, or a talk because really it's only us three right?

Once we came to a stop, I opened my door and walked out. Tom did the same thing, and walked next to me. We walked over to the doors of the building, and as we entered we were greeted by Alessandro mischievously smirking at us.

"Did you kids enjoy the ride?" He said keeping that same smirk while raising his eyebrows.

Both me and Tom said nothing, we just shrugged our shoulders in sync. Alessandro let out a chuckle.

"Okay." He said clapping his hands together to get our attention.

"I've called both of you for your new mission, correct?" He said in a low voice. We both nodded. He nodded before continuing, "Alright, so this is a hard mission, I want both of you to KILL Théo Beaufoy, UNDERSTAND?" Alessandro said in a husky voice, really bringing out his accent.

I got chills. But one question is how the fuck are we supposed to kill a fucking MAFIA BOSS.

"Quick question. Why?" I said. I know it may be dumb to ask but I was genuinely curious.

"It's because ever since YOU KILLED Charlotte Beaufoy, he's been on my throat for the past few months, plus he wants me dead. And for a fact. Alessandro Bruno is not dying." He said.

I remember Charlotte, she was a nice woman, yet underneath those locked doors she was cruel. She would torture her servants, she would kill her assistants if they did their tasks wrong. She was cruel. But I understand why Théo picked her as his wife, they were perfect. They were both cruel. It was truly a match made in hell.

I just nodded accepting our new mission. I looked at Tom, he looked stunned. I laughed to myself. The look of his face was funny. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Is that it?" I asked. I just wanted to go home.

"No. One more thing I'm giving you guys two days to get to know each other a bit better." He said.

I sighed. Not excited for a second that we have to try and get to know each other. Though a part of me wanted to know more information about my partner rather than knowing his name and that he has a brother.

I realized I was standing there too long when I heard Tom whisper in my ear saying "Come on, let's go." I felt the hair in the back of my neck stick up.

I turned my head to look at him and give a quick nod, and then we started walked out the doors of the building.

Once we were outside Tom asked me something. "So what do you wanna do?" "Not quite sure. How 'bout you?" I asked him.

He turned to look at me and gave me a sly smile.

"I have some people that want to meet you."