Chapter 5

When we arrive at Route 203, we head to the Route 203 so we can get to Oreburgh City. We find Barry and he says, "Hey! Dawn! Tell me you got a little tougher!"

"Why don't you say it first?" Dawn asks with slight annoyance.

"Me? Do you even need to ask? Of course, I got tougher! Come on! Let's battle it out!" Barry says.

"No thank you, I really don't want to battle..." Dawn says.

"Then how about I battle you?" I ask, and Barry says, "You? That's fine for me. Just because you're a Champion doesn't mean I'm going to lose!"

He uses two Pokemon, a Starly and a Chimchar. When he sends out Chimchar, Dawn has to stop Piplup from trying to fight the Chimchar. Gladion says, "Looks like your Piplup has some issues."

"Well, both Barry and I got the Starter Pokemon at the same time. Back then those two run away because Chimchar stole Piplup's Pokemon Food, or that's what I heard from Dad." Dawn says.

All I need is to use Finneon to defeat both Pokemon with ease. Barry says, "Waah! What do you mean I lost?! Well, that's it! That's the last time I'll ever lose! I'm going to be the world's toughest Trainer, and you know it! The first thing to do is take on the Oreburgh City Pokémon Gym! I'm gonna toughen up for that, totally!"

Then he runs away, and we sigh. Lillie says, "He sure is a weird person..."

"Talk about it..." Daniel says.

There aren't any new Pokemon for us to capture in Route 203, so we head inside Oreburgh Gate. And just when we're inside, we find a Hiker and he says, "Oh, lookie there! You've got a Poketch! Hmm... You're still a pretty new Trainer, aren't you?"

"Well, only Dawn is new." Tox says.

"But it's all good! You're a new fellow friend of Pokemon! So let me make a gift of this HM to you!" Great... another HM for Rock Smash? Dawn is the one accepting the Rock Smash.

"You can try to register the HM on the Hidden Moves app on the Poketch, which is something you can't do on the Rotom Phone. Use Rock Smash from your Poketch, and a wild Pokemon will get rid of boulders on your path! But to use this hidden move in the field, you'll first need the Gym Badge from Oreburgh City. I'm looking forward to seeing your growth."

After he leaves, I say, "That will be convenient if we can just use the HM from the Poketch instead."

"Yeah, so how about you register all the HMs first?" Lillie asks as I do it all on the Poketch.

We finally arrive at Oreburgh City, and Dawn says, "It sure looks like a great place for both of you with the first Sinnoh Gym battle."

"Also a great place to get our first badges." Lillie says.

When we arrive at the gym, we find Barry again, and he says, "Hunh? Oh, it's you, guys! You finally got here? You're slow like always. You're so slow, the Gym Leader's long gone now. He said he had to go... Uh... Oh, yeah, to Oreburgh Mine! I got my Badge already, so it's no big deal to me, but..."

"Don't worry, we'll go to Oreburgh Mine to find him." I say as we all head there. On the way, we find a commercial that the next Contest will be held in Floramora Town, and the Fossil Restoration machine in the Oreburgh Museum is also stolen.

We then quickly head to the Oreburgh Mine, and we find Roark there. "OK, stand back and watch this. Using the hidden move Rock Smash, a boulder blocking your way..."

Then he has Cranidos using the attack and smash the rock. "Fallen boulders need to be smashed so they're out of the way. If you could get the Badge from the Gym in town, you'd be able to do this too. Of course, you'd have to beat the Gym Leader first. That'd be me!"