Chapter 52

As we continue moving, we are now back at Lily of the Valley Island because we're heading to Route 224. On the way, we meet a girl and she says, "...I'm Marley. ...You are?"

After we introduce ourselves, she says, "Will you help me, please? I want to get through this tunnel. Will you let me go with you?"

"Sure, we can help you." Then we decide to head out of the cave together, and Dawn asks, "So why are you here in the first place?"

She holds the basket tightly and says, "I was hiding... There was a group of very bad people after me."

When we all get outside to Route 224, I ask, "So where are you going?"

"To a very secret garden." Marley says. "I can't say any more than that."

"But why are bad guys after you?" Gladion asks.

"Because I'm an alien." I know that Alien has two meanings, I have to assume that she means that she's not from here. When it is lunchtime, she decides to hide from us, and that's when we find that she has a Shaymin with her, and she is injured.

We try to quickly heal him, and Tox says, "I think it has been attacked by Poison. If I remember, Shaymin has a move called Seed Flare and it can purify the polluted air."

"Shaymin has absorbed a Seviper's Haze this morning. But what do we do?" As Tox is healing Shaymin, I think we have an idea of who's after her and we don't like it.

"I... I don't like to talk... I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally... When I think of that, I clam up... That's why I think this Pokémon is so wonderful. It's a Pokémon that conveys the feelings of gratitude in a nice way..." When we're moving, we talk a little and Marley tells us this.

"I see..." And we find ourselves in front of the tablet where Professor Oak is there. I ask, "Professor Oak, what are you doing here?"

"Well hello to you again. I'm just examining this stone tablet. Something just like it was also discovered in the Kanto Region. I want to ask for your help in solving the mystery behind it." Professor Oak says. "I tried deciphering the stone tablet's engravings. The tablet appears to record the thoughts of Trainers who have grown through adventure. The description would certainly apply to you. That's why I'm asking for your help. You've met many people in Pokémon, and those numerous experiences have shaped you into who you are. I want you to sincerely consider who affected you the most along your journey."

After we share our thanks, the Shaymin that's with us glow and a path towards the garden has arrived. But when we get there, we are shocked to see all of the Gracidea flowers have died.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"It seems the blooming season is already over." Professor Oak says. "But we might be able to find one that's still blooming."

As we try to find the flower, we find it on top of the huge rock. Team Rocket then bursts out in their giant Mecha Caterpie, which uses a String Shot.

"It's Team Rocket!" I say.

"No, not them again..." Marley says.

"I should've known it was them who's after you and Shaymin." Dawn says.

Professor Oak says, "They really don't know when to give up."

We try to destroy the machine, and much to our surprise, just when we destroy the Caterpie mecha, they manage to transform it into a Butterfree mecha. They try to attack us, covering us with smoke.

After the smoke clears, Marley looks for Shaymin, whom she cannot find, but Daniel points out that it is climbing the rock so it can get to the Gracidea and transform into Sky Forme. When Shaymin finally gets to the Sky Form, it jumps into Marley's arms for a quick hug, then flies through the antennae of the mecha Butterfree, cutting them to shreds. The trio then pursues Shaymin, but it is too fast for them. Team Rocket then uses "Robo-Hyper Gust", which knocks Shaymin off course, but it recovers and uses Air Slash, which cuts the mecha in half and sends Team Rocket blasting off again.