Chapter 11

After we're out of Eterna Forest, we decide to stop at the Pokemon Center for some training, unfortunately for us, Buizel seems to have a hard time with others. Piplup angrily extends his arm for a shake, but Buizel pushes him away, almost starting a fight.

"Stop this right now!" Lillie breaks them up, but the tension is still high. "Why is Buizel doing this..."

"I think maybe it is because Buizel spends his time training alone. Maybe a good battle will have him feel great." I say. "So what do you say, Buizel? Are you up for it?"

"You bet." He says. I decide to pit Turtwig against Buizel, starting off with a Razor Leaf attack. Lillie commands Buizel to dodge and fire Water Gun, but Buizel instead launches straight into an Aqua Jet attack, hitting Turtwig. Turtwig shakes it off and races forward for a Bite attack. Buizel again disobeys Lillie's order to dodge, instead letting Turtwig bite his arm, leaving it vulnerable to multiple close-range Sonic Boom attacks. Turtwig flies backward, knocked out by the fierce attack.

"It seems Buizel doesn't listen to either a thing you two say..." Gladion says.

We decide to head inside the Pokemon Center to heal up, and that's when we notice a televised battle between a Trainer and Elite Four member Lucian.

"Hey, it's Uncle Lucian." Daniel says. Daniel might be Paldea-born, but Lucian of the Elite Four is the uncle from his mother's side.

"You're right. I think they're broadcasting the Champion League." I say, and we notice Buizel is watching with extreme awe.

"That was cool... the Elite Four really was powerful." Dawn says.

"That was that great, see, I'm still learning. That match taught me a lot." We look at the television and then the real deal shows up here? Daniel gasps, "Uncle Lucian! You're here?"

"Hello to you all." Lucian smiles. "It sure has been a while."

"Yeah, to think we'll be meeting the strongest Elite Four member of the Sinnoh League here. That is quite shocking." I say. Just then, Buizel suddenly wants to challenge him.

"Buizel, don't be so rude..." Lillie says.

"It is fine." Lucian says, "I accept Buizel's challenge. So, Ash, I assume your goal is to conquer the Sinnoh League? And I assume you and Lillie are sharing the same Pokemon?"

"Right." We nod, and then we all go to the battlefield as I am going to be the one commanding Buizel. Lucian decides to go with Bronzong because it is a fitting match. Buizel goes first with Water Gun, disobeying my Aqua Jet request, but Bronzong's Iron Defense nullifies the attack.

"Now, this time I want you to use Aqua Jet!" I say, but Buizel proceeds to fire Sonic Boom, which Iron Defense also stops.

"Why is Buizel keep doing that?" Lillie says with a slightly frustrated tone. Bronzong charges with Gyro Ball, I want Buizel to dodge, but he proceeds to meet the attack head-on with Aqua Jet. Bronzong easily overpowers Buizel, knocking him down.

When he gets up, Lucian says, "Amazing, Buizel took that Gyro Ball and it still got up. Alright, Bronzong, time for Flash Cannon."

Bronzong rotates and charges power, and Buizel tries to stop it with Water Gun, but it fails and the blast knocks Buizel against a tree before letting him fall to the ground. Buizel struggles to get up, but he falls to the ground knocked out.

"I'm terribly sorry, I think I got a bit carried away by Buizel's fighting spirit." Lucian apologizes.

"Don't worry about it, Uncle." Daniel says. "Nurse Joy will help him."