Chapter 26

When we are back to Route 212, it is actually not easy to move because of the marsh area. But on our way, our Drifloon evolves into a Drifblim by battling some wild Pokemon.

Drifblim: The Blimp Pokemon: Ghost and Flying Type. Evolve from Drifloon at LV:28. It's drowzy in daytime, but flies off in the evening in big groups. No one knows where they go.

After we arrive at the north side, because of a thunderstorm, we need to find shelter and we arrive at a mansion. In the mansion, we meet the owner, Mr. Backlot. "Er-hem! There's a lot for me to be proud of inside, and outside, of this home... But what makes me the most proud is my trophy garden in the back! Why bother traveling afar when Pokémon are attracted by my garden? They come to me in hopes of seeing the garden! You're welcome to Well, doesn't that make you envious? You are envious, yes?"

"The thing is that we do." Dawn says.

Then our Pokemon is hungry and we decide to show our Pokemon and let them have some snacks with Poffin. It is then a Swinub comes and eats all the Poffins. Dawn uses the mansion's kitchen to cook up more Poffin, which Swinub seems to like. The next day, she brings out even more Poffin for Swinub and all the Pokémon to eat while enjoying the garden, but then Team Rocket swoops in with a new giant flying machine that steals all of Mr. Backlot's food and everyone's Pokémon to boot. Dawn manages to jump onto Team Rocket's machine and get inside while it makes its escape. As she tries to rescue Piplup and the other Pokémon, Swinub runs off to eat Team Rocket's stolen food. Seeing this, Team Rocket promptly ejects Dawn and Swinub in mid-air to protect the delicious loot.

Dawn manages to get Swinub to track Team Rocket's ship for her. When she catches up to the crooks, Team Rocket tries to attack but Swinub uses Ice Shard to stop James' Carnivine and Jessie's Yanmega. Swinub then saves the day a second time by breaking open the ship so all the Pokémon can escape. Dawn has the situation well in hand, but Ash and the others catch up just in time to help her send Team Rocket on their way. Mr. Backlot is delighted that his Pokémon are safe again, and Dawn asks Swinub if he wants to come with her. Swinub agrees, so now Dawn has a new Pokémon friend.

When we return to Hearthome City, we find that Gym Leader Fantina is still out of town. Instead, a Pokémon Stylist Paris invites Dawn to enter the Hearthome Collection fashion show, where people and Pokémon show off their best looks. The winner will be part of a Pokémon Chic Campaign photo shoot. Whoever enters will be up against Lady Cocoa, a famous celebrity and fashion muse.

Dawn is nervous about what to work on, so I decide to help her out since I'm also good with fashion thanks to spending our time with Alice's family. A fellow designer, Hermione, remarks that PokéStylists and Pokémon Coordinators are all the same, which gives Dawn an idea.

The next day, Mayor Enta introduces the Hearthome Collection and its judges, Paris and Hermione. As it turns out, Hermione is Pokémon Chic's editor-in-chief and a formidable judge; she's not entirely pleased by Jessie and Wobbuffet's performance. Then it's Cocoa and her Mismagius, showing off a dazzling dress that stuns the crowd, followed by Dawn and Buneary in simple snow-themed outfits. The finalists are Cocoa and Dawn!

Jessie is outraged at the results so she crashes the finals with the rest of Team Rocket in tow. Paris's Lopunny teams up with Dawn's Buneary to put Jessie's fashion dreams on ice for good, and the Collection can continue. Cocoa wins the Accessory Award, and Dawn is the grand winner because she remembered to show off her Buneary, not her dress.

However, she turns down the Pokémon Chic campaign in order to focus on her Coordinator training, and we learn that Celestic Town is the next destination where the Pokemon Contest is held. Buneary also evolves into Lopunny after the show is over and Dawn is delighted.