Chapter 29

On the way to Solaceon Town, we stop at the Pokemon Day Care, which is the house of Angie, a friend we made in the Summer Camp. We also learn the news of the Scarf Monster, which turns out to be a Lickilicky from her Day Care. This also worries Angie since a Day Care isn't supposed to help evolve a Pokemon, not only that, Team Rocket is trying to steal the Pokemon again, but with the help of us, they are blasting off again. In the end, the trainer likes to have the new Lickilikcy, which makes Angie better for the whole thing.

Then we meet the Elite Four member Aaron, who specializes in Bug Type, and he plans to challenge Cynthia for the top Trainer spot in Sinnoh, and the crowds are certainly impressed by his Vespiquen, Drapion, and Skorupi. When Aaron learns that we know Cynthia, he takes us to his private training center in the woods. Dawn notices a photo of Aaron and a Wurmple. This Wurmple was Aaron's greatest friend, but Aaron doesn't seem to have a Wurmple now.

Team Rocket comes and they try to steal our Pokemon once more, and Aaron reveals to us that when he was young, he was a poor loser who blamed Wurmple for his defeat, driving Wurmple away. Ever since that mistake, he's worked hard to understand Bug-types and vowed not to lose a Pokémon ever again.

When we arrive, we find that our Pokemon has already escaped, and Team Rocket tries to vacuum our Pokemon for the second time, but a Beautifly stops them with a powerful Solar Beam attack. The Beautifly is the Wurmple that Aaron used to have, and now he helps us send them flying.

And when we are back to Hearthome City, we find Barry once again, he says that he has lost to Fantina, so he wants to see my gym battle this time. The Gym Guide says, "Hey, there! How's it going, Champ? The Gym Leader here is a user of Ghost-type Pokemon. Beware, Normal-type moves have no effect at all on Ghost-type Pokemon! It's as if they weren't there! But you'll have to see for yourself. Go get 'em, challenger! I believe in you!"

And as I climb the elevator, I realize that there is a quiz in front of us. "Question: What is 3 plus 5 plus 7?"

The left door is 2, the middle door is 16, and the right door is 15. I know the answer is 15, but I just want to battle the other gym trainers, so I decide to pick the wrong ones first.

The left door leads to Youngster Donny, he says, "Don't you have a Poketch? Or did you screw up deliberately?"

"No, I just want to battle you." I say. He uses a Gastly and a Haunter, so I use Absol, having him defeat the Ghost Types with ease using Dark Pulse. "Gwaaah! I was done in!"

The middle door leads to Lass Molly, she says, "Ehehe! You threw the quiz so you'd get to battle with me, right?"

"Yeah, for experience." I say. She uses Misdreavus, so I go with Murkrow and defeat it with ease. "Don't you know how to take it easy or anything? Geesh!"

After getting to the third floor, there is another quiz. "Question: What is 12 plus 28?"

The middle door is 40, which is the correct answer, but I decide to go left first, which is 30 and there is a Camper Drew. "I've been to all sorts of places. That means I know tons of things!"

He uses three Gastly, and I use Drifblim's Phantom Force to knock them all with ease. "Yeah, whatever. You can battle, too..."

The right door is 50, and there is a Picnicker Cheyenne. "I'm not afraid of picnicking anywhere, so I've learned all sorts of things."

She uses a Drifloon and a Misdreavus, so I go with Murkrow again and defeat them with Payback and Pursuit. "Your toughness... It's something new to me."

The fourth floor has a quiz, "Question: What is 3 times 13?"

The answer is 39 that is the door to the left. The door to the middle has the answer of 93 and there is a School Kid named Chance. "I study subjects like Pokemon and history... You know, all the important things!"