Chapter 39

The Lilypad Contest is coming up, and Dawn wants Mamoswine to learn some Contest moves. But Mamoswine doesn't appreciate Piplup and Pikachu laughing as it tries to get things right. With its feelings hurt, Mamoswine charges off into the forest. Dawn follows it, and the two of them are gone for the longest time. We are about to look for our missing friends when we're stopped by Verona, a forest ranger who forbids people from bringing Pokémon into the area.

It turns out that there is a Tangrowth who swings in and uses Absorb on our Pokemon, then gives them Sitrus Berry in return. When we find Dawn and Mamoswine again, we realize that Tangrowth wants to save a dying tree that's a key part of the forest. Tangrowth absorbs Pokémon energy and leaves berries to help them recover, then uses Growth to heal the tree. Unfortunately, the tree is still dying.

Team Rocket shows up to vacuum up Tangrowth and the other wild Pokémon, but Dawn and Mamoswine take out Team Rocket with Mamoswine's new Hidden Power move. Once Team Rocket is gone, we Pokémone offer to help Tangrowth and Verona identify the spot where all the tree's nutrients are stored. By using Growth on that spot, the tree is saved. Not to mention that our Tangela finally evolves into Tangrowth after learning how to use Ancient Power from the Tangrowth.

Tangrowth: The Vine Pokemon: Grass Type. Evolve from Tangela by leveling up learning Ancient Power. It ensnares prey by extending arms made of vines. Losing arms to predators does not trouble it.

We also stop by a Sinnoh Pokemon Hustle event, and it turns out to be Team Rocket's scheme to steal our Pokemon. However, all the Pokemon they steal are also missing, two thieves have also come to attend and they are the ones who stole the Pokeballs. In the end, we manage to send Team Rocket blasting off and the thieving duo is also arrested.

Then there is another scheme of Team Rocket trying to steal our Pokemon, and this time they manage to take our Glameow.

"Why did they want this Glameow?" Absol is confused.

"We don't know, but we have to get it back." I say.

We send out Staraptor to find it, only to get it empty-handed: no Glameow or Team Rocket in sight. The next day, we try to do it again, and this time we find Team Rocket and attack them, causing their balloon to fall down.

"Team Rocket, give us back our Glameow." Lillie says.

"We don't have it, Meowth took her away from us as well!" Jessie says.

We realize that Meowth is not with them, so we try to locate Meowth instead, and Team Rocket, they are not going to let us beat them for it. When we find Meowth's boat, Meowth manages to deal some damage to our Pokemon because how he falls in love with Glameow, but his dreams are broken after Glameow evolves.

"You evolve, Purugly!" I say as I cheer, Meowth doesn't like Purugly's now demanding and lazy attitude. Jessie orders Meowth to wake up to himself and has her Seviper attack him in response. Absol follows up with a Dark Pulse, knocking Meowth to the ground. Purugly is unimpressed, and she kicks dirt at her pathetic lover before returning to Lillie. Lillie also scans it with her Pokedex.

Purugly: The Tiger Cat Pokemon: Normal Type. Evolved from Glameow at LV:38. It is a brazen brute that barges its way into another Pokémon's nest and claims it as its own.

"You can use more moves, Purugly, use Hyper Beam." Lillie says as the move sends Team Rocket flying again.

"You are doing great, Purugly." I decide to give her some food, but the heavy eater eats it whole and demands for more, much to everyone's amusement.

"I see it! Over there, that's Twinleaf Town!" Dawn says as we are now back in the town for the Twinleaf Festival. As we walk together, Daniel says, "This place sure has a quiet atmosphere."