Chapter 44

When we're heading to Sunyshore City, we find a Chatot and capture it because we realize we haven't got the Pokemon despite encountering a lot.

Chatot: The Music Note Pokemon: Normal and Flying Type. It keeps rhythm by flicking its tail feathers like a metronome. It imitates human speech.

We manage to find Barry again, and Barry asks, "So how have you guys been, it has been a while since we stopped Team Galactic together!"

"Yeah." I say. "A lot of things really happen, and Dawn just got her fifth ribbon for Grand Festival as well."

"So did you finally get your 8th badge yet?" Barry asks us, and we shake our heads.

"We're heading to the Sunyshore Gym now." Lillie says, and then Barry suddenly laughs, "Here's the deal, I already beat the Sunyshore Gym."

He shows us that he already has all 8 badges, much to our surprise. "What do you expect? This talented Twinleaf Town trainer is heading for the Sinnoh League!"

"Ash, Lillie, you have some catching up to do before you reach Paul and Barry." Gladion says.

"Wait, Paul's got 8 badges?" Barry asks. "So that means Paul is going to be in the League as well. You two better get to the Sunyshore Gym right away, this is waiting for you."

He shows us the Beacon Badge, and he says, "The Sunyshore Gym is the best."

"The best gym..." We are confused.

We decide to head to the Pokemon Center, and we actually find Paul over there as well. Barry decides to greet Paul, and he challenges him to a battle, but Paul is unimpressed with Barry, however, and declines the offer, which surprises Barry.

"I don't want them to engage in a pointless battle that confuses them." Paul says.

"Don't sweat it, your Pokemon will get into good shape if you battle against us." Barry says. "We're really strong."

"I think you should have a battle with them instead." Paul says while looking at us.

"I've already battled them a lot of times. Besides, they only get seven badges and I want to battle someone with all the badges." Barry says.

"I think we should get to Sunyshore city to get the badge or else they are looking down on us." Lillie says to me and I nod.

"What? Sunyshore Gym?" Paul asks. "That gym is not legit!"

"What are you talking about? That gym is the best." Barry says.

"That gym is the worst." Then he walks away, and we are confused since Barry and Paul have different opinions of the gym.

"Well, I just have to fine that guy!" Barry yells.

"We'll see him again, don't worry." I sigh. "If you keep traveling of course. But don't let your guard down a second when you battle against him. He's really good."

"Something happened between you two..." Barry says.

"We have a full battle." I say.

"You battled him? No fair!" Barry says.

"That match is a draw, we got a lot of history, but that battle shows me a lot about myself. I didn't have a lot of skills he had. But we're winning next time." I say.

Then Barry decides to battle me, and then we notice the news that the Sinnoh Grand Festival is actually in Valor Lakefront. "Hey, isn't that the same place where both of you get your Wallace Cup ribbon?" Daniel asks.

"What a coincidence." Lillie says. "But we just come all the way from Valor Lakefront..."

"That's fine, we just need to get the badge before we get there. We can also fly as well." I say.