Chapter 10

We are pursuing the Mothim until we find a tree with a spot of honey, snacking along with a Caterpie and Ledyba. Dawn says, "Hold on, this place looks petty familiar to me."

"You're right, isn't that the tree that we placed on before?" I ask.

"Since it is getting late, I think we should postpone the search for tomorrow..." Lillie says.

"So camping?" Cheryl asks.

"Better than that, we can go to our Grass Manor." I say. Unlike before, all of my travel companions know about our manors. So I don't need to explain everything to them. Once we head to the Grass Manor, we decide to take a rest.

The next day, we set off and Cheryl notices that Mothim is quite excited. As we head to the forest, Cheryl is trapped by the vines and I have Sceptile use Leaf Blade to break the vines, but then a bunch of Kakuna fall out of the tree.

"We should leave before they even evolve into Beedrill and chase us." Tox says as we quickly leave the area, and just when we continue searching, we find that we're back at our Grass Manor.

"I don't think the Amber Castle is close to our manor..." I say.

"So where is the Enchanted honey?" Cheryl asks Mothim, and it starts attacking my Vileplume.

"Vileplume! Stop it!" I say as Vileplume uses Venoshock to attack Mothim back. We sigh as Tox says, "At least we're not going to smell something horrible from Vileplume."

"Oh! You're a cutie!" Just then, we are surprised to see a woman rushing to us, and she seems to have a liking to Sceptile. "Is this your Sceptile?"

"Yeah." I say. "Thanks."

After introducing ourselves, she says, "My name is Gardenia. I'm really into Grass Type Pokemon. That's why I came out here." Gardenia says.

"Well, I guess you're lucky to be in our Grass Manor. I have a bunch of Grass Types resting here." I say.

"Really! I know, how about a battle? Sounds good?" Gardenia asks.

"Sounds good to me." I say.

"But Ash, we're right in the middle of our search." Lillie says.

"It's okay. You go ahead and have yourself some time." Cheryl says.

Daniel says, "Besides, the Eterna Gym Leader is a Grass-type user, so it would be a good practice for Ash."

When we get to the Battlefield, we are surprised to find that my Mom is already back after her search for Hunter J, which seems to be harder than she thought. After hearing that I need to use the Battlefield, she agrees to let us use it.

"You're going to see just how great my Pokemon is! Three on three?" I ask.

"That's fine for me." Gardenia says while sending out Cherubi, and I decide to go with Turtwig.

I start with Turtwig's Tackle attack, scoring an easy hit and following up with Razor Leaf. Cherubi runs around wildly to avoid the attack. But I notice what she is doing and try to use Iron Tail, much to Gardenia's shock. I use the chance to defeat the Cherubi by using a Slam attack.

"You caught me of guard by that Iron Tail, but here is my second Pokemon. Turtwig!"

I decide to show off some speed with a fast Tackle attack. At the last second, Gardenia's Turtwig dodges the attack, shocking us. I try to repeat another Tackle, but again, Gardenia's Turtwig dodges, sending my Turtwig crashing into a tree. Gardenia orders Turtwig to fire a Leech Seed, impacting and constricting mine, and draining energy. Turtwig is helpless against Gardenia's Turtwig, which uses a speedy Tackle attack to send mine against the tree and knocking it out.