Chapter 22

While we're waiting for May's arrival, we decide to do some training and our final Burmy evolves into a Trash Cloak Wormadam.

Wormadam (Trash Cloak): The Bagworm Pokemon: Bug and Steel Type. Evolve from female Trash Cloak Burmy at LV:20. Its body, composed of refuse, blends into the scenery so much as to be inconspicuous. This seems to be the perfect way for the Pokémon to evade the detection of predators.

And as we are waiting, we find a Beautifly flying towards us. "It's May's Beautifly!" I gasp as it lands on my head.

"Ash! Reisa! Long time no see!" We are delighted to see May coming towards us.

"It's great to see you, May." I say. Then she also gives us some souveniers, and she also gets to meet our other friends.

"I finally get to meet you all this time, they called you the Princess of Hoenn, right?" Dawn asks.

"Stop it, just call me May is fine." May says with a slight blush.

"And it is thanks to my Dad's cup that we are brought together again." Reisa says. "So are you ready to compete in the Wallace Cup?"

"Yeah, I've been preparing for this for such a long time. And as soon as I heard that it's in Sinnoh, I came here as fast as I could." May says.

"That reminds me, what's Max up to these days?" I ask.

"Right, Max is your little brother, right?" Lillie asks.

"Max is doing great, he's hard at work helping to take care of Dad's Pokemon. Max is always talking about how he learned from you and your siblings, Ash. Dad is as proud as he can be." May says.

"That's amazing, so May, when did you arrive in Sinnoh?" Tox asks.

"Three days ago, there was something I wanted to do before the Wallace Cup started, so I went to Snowpoint City." May then shows us her Glaceon, and we all gasp.

"Your Eevee evolved into a Glaceon!" Reisa says. "But you could have just used an Ice Stone instead of coming all the way to Sinnoh for the Glaceon."

"I think that since I got to Sinnoh anyway, I think it is fine for me with the Glaceon." May says.

"That reminds me, how many Johto ribbons do you have now?" I ask.

"I have three of them. As usual, Drew and Harley are strong as ever, and I couldn't even beat them unless I tried hard." May says.

"It sounds like you worked really hard." Gladion says.

"What about you, Ash?" May asks, and I say, "The thing is... I have 3 Gym badges, 3 Contest Ribbons, and 2 Battle Frontier Prints."

I show them and Reisa asks, "So there is also a Battle Frontier in Sinnoh?"

"And Scott is always on the lookout as well." I say with a slight chuckle.

May says, "I see. That reminds me, Dawn, Ash has told me everything about you, and how you lost the first round twice in a row. I also lost some and why don't we make it a comeback for the both of us?"

"It's a deal." Dawn says.

Just then, we feel hungry, and fortunately, May has a reservation at the popular restaurant in the Valor Lakefront: The Seven Star's Restaurant. We are greeted by the Maitre d'. He leads us to the next set of doors, but a young man bursts out of them and says that he will go and train, and that he will eat there if it is the last thing he does, before running off.

"What's that about?" Dawn is confused.

"That man has lost the battle, so of course he wasn't accepted by the restaurant."