Chapter 9

"Hey, look, there is a Castle!" Dawn says while pointing at the castle on the hill. We also notice the castle and I say, "You're right... I wonder what is a castle doing here on Route 205..."

"Maybe we should check it out." Lillie says as we all head there.

"Ash, something wrong?" Tox asks.

"I feel that this SUV is familiar..." I say, but then a butler comes and he says, "Welcome to the Battle Castle. Are you guys challengers?"

"Battle Castle?" We all ask with confusion, and Lillie says, "We just stumble across here, is the owner here in the castle?"

The butler says, "I see. Well, since you come all the way here, please come in."

And just when we get inside, I am surprised to see who's there. I gasp, "Scott?"

"Well look who we have here. Ash Ketchum, it is nice to see you here." Scott says.

"You know this guy, Ash?" Dawn asks.

"Yeah, this is Scott and he's the owner of the facilities known as the Battle Frontier Facilities." I say.

"And Ash here is the first one to complete all 7 Facilities in the Kanto Region. He's so talented that I also offer him to become a Frontier Brain." Scott says. "If you're here, then you must be also interested in the Sinnoh Battle Frontier as well."

"There are also battle facilities in the Sinnoh Region?" I ask.

"You're here in one of the 5 facilities, the Battle Castle." Scott says. "You have your Frontier Pass with you, right?"

"I do. So does that mean I can also challenge the Battle Frontier here as well?" I ask.

"Indeed." Scott nods, and it is then a woman comes with the same butler. She says, "Welcome to the Battle Castle. I am the owner, Caitlin."

Both Lillie and I recognize her, Lillie says, "Wait... are you the Psychic Type Elite Four member of the Unova Region, Caitlin?"

"What? An Elite Four from Unova?" The others are also shocked, and Daniel is the most shocked compared to us because he wants to be the strongest Psychic Type user.

"Why yes. I was just trying to take a nap until Darach brought me the news." Caitlin says, "It sure has been a while since this place has a Challenger."

So that means she's not only the Elite Four member but also the Frontier Brain? It is a pleasure to battle the Elite Four member, and I say, "My name is Ash Ketchum and I want to challenge the Battle Castle."

Caitlin looks at me and says, "Have we met before? I somehow feel that you're familiar..."

"Well, I think this is the first time we have met." I say, I wonder if a psychic like her can see through my disguise as N, the King of Team Plasma...

"Very well. Darach, explain the rules to them." Caitlin says.

"Right, young lady. Here in the Battle Castle, you will be battling 7 battles in a row, and when you'll be facing me, the Castle Valet, in the 7th set."

"Wait, we're not battling Caitlin but you?" I ask, and Caitlin says, "Ever since I've become the Elite Four, I sometimes won't be staying here in the castle, which is why my butler Darach here will be the Frontier Brain instead."

That sounds understandable, and after picking the three Pokemon, Darach says, "Ash, as per the rules, I have for you 10 Castle Points, known as CP, that can only be used here. Please choose what you wish to do. You may heal a Pokemon or rent an item for it."

So this time we have these Castle Points, and after seeing what I can do with them, I am surprised that, with 50 CP, I can also skip a battle. I wonder if I can save the CP first.