Chapter 12

On Route 211, Dawn captures a Ponyta because she thinks that it's cool to travel with one, and then we see Alamos Town in front of us, but when we rush there, we find that we come to a large lake with mountains surrounding it, and then Gladion says, "Looks like we're on the wrong shore..."

"And I'm now exhausted..." Dawn mutters.

Just then, a hot-air balloon arrives, and a girl with the Chimchar is the one who gives us a ride. And it is surprising to learn that the girl is also called Alice, considering that we have a friend and a travel companion also sharing the same name.

"We're here to enter the Pokemon Contest held in Alamos Town." I say after we introduce ourselves.

"I work part-time as a hot air balloon tour guide, but I also spend most of the time as a music student." Then she takes out the leaf whistle and makes some music that brings Pelipper, Pidgey, and Pidgeotto to them.

"Wow, is that Oracion?" Lillie asks.

"Oh, so you know the song?" Alice asks.

"We have heard a lot of times when we are little." I say. Dawn notices the Twin Towers and I say, "Those are the Space and Time Towers. The brilliant Godey build this place 100 years ago."

"Yeah, and that's where the Contest is going to be held." Alice says. "But you know about the towers, Ash?"

"Of course, the tower on the right represents time, and the tower on the left represents space." Just then, a disturbance occurs and the balloon gets a little out of control.

"What is that?" Daniel asks.

"I don't know..." Gladion says. "But it is not normal as well."

When we arrive at the town, we attend the festival and have battled some trainers and then playing at the fountain. We also decide to send out some Pokemon, until Gardevoir and Kirlia seem to have noticed some broken pillars.

"This is terrible... who could've done this?" Gladion asks.

"It was Darkrai." A man comes out from an opening. Alice says, "Baron Alberto?"

"It appears there have been recent sightings in town." He says, and we are confused. We know that Darkrai is a nightmare Pokemon, but why would he do such a thing? Baron Alberto brings out his Lickilicky and has it use Hyper Beam into some bushes. A man named Tonio was hit with the attack and comes stumbling out with his computer, and a Drifblim. Baron Alberto thought that it was a Darkrai hiding in the bushes.

"This is my friend Tonio, and he's a scientist." Alice says.

"I was investigating a space-time abnormality that I had detected. Something has happened."

Tonio shows Alice the disturbance readings on his computer, and then studies the broken pillars very carefully. A piece breaks off from the pillars and hits Tonio in the head.

"Alice, you don't have to be so nice to him. After all, my dear, you are going to be my wife, remember?" Baron Alberto asks.

"Excuse me, but I thought I told you no already! Come on, I'm too young to think about marriage." Alice says.

"Sorry, I know this isn't the time or place for that kind of talk." Alberto says. "No that's done, why don't you come to my place so we can have a little dinner?"

Dawn tries to stop him and Alice immediately grabs Tonio's arms, "You see, Tonio's the one I like!"

"Uh? I am?" Tonio is also shocked.

Alberto just laughs before saying, "You have quite a sense of humor, my dear." Baron Alberto says.

"So, this was all just a little joke." Tonio says.