Chapter 23

Our Bug Type Pokemon have been evolving a lot during these days, our Yanma finally learns the move Ancient Power and evolves into a Yanmega, and our Combee also evolves into a Vespiquen and learns a lot of Order moevs.

Vespiquen: The Beehive Pokemon: Bug and Flying Type. Evolve from female Combee at LV:21. When endangered, grubs from its six-cell honeycomb strike back. There is only one in a colony.

Yanmega: The Ogre Darner Pokemon: Bug and Flying Type. Evolve from Yanma by leveling up learning Ancient Power. By churning its wings, it creates shock waves that inflict critical internal injuries on foes.

However, it turns out that we're not the only ones with the Yanmega now, since Team Rocket also has one, but they are no match for us as well.

Then we decide to train and we meet up with Paul again because Gligar accidentally slams into Team Rocket's balloon. When Monferno notices Paul, he quickly hides behind me.

"So do you have your Pastoria Gym challenge yet?" Lillie asks.

"I can't imagine some coordinator like you would care about the gym battles." Paul says. "I saw the Wallace Cup."

"I enter the Wallace Cup because the Contest master Wallace wants me to. He thought it will help my Buizel's battle skills." I say.

"Remember the reason I enter the Tag Battle Competition in Hearthome City? You give me a hard time for getting my Pokemon a real shape after the real battle. But that's what you've pulled in the Wallace Cup! You get it?"

"What did you say?" I am now furious. "The only thing I try to do that in the Hearthome Tag Battle is to win, the only thing you're working on is how you force your Pokemon to become stronger!"

"The fact that I win it, and join a Contest proves how strong you aren't." I glare at him, how dare he say that?

"Look, all of us have the same goal of winning the Sinnoh League someday, and we all want to beat the Sinnoh League Champion Cynthia, too!"

"You're point?" Paul asks.

"After you battle Cynthia, you told me to do whatever I want. To battle my own way, and that's what you told me that you're going to do, too!" I say.

"I guess I said that." Paul says.

"Ever since that time, I have been thinking more and more about how to become strong, that means believe in my friends, I trust and love them!" I say.

Lillie says, "Did anything Cynthia say mean anything to you? Paul?"

"That's not my thing." Paul says. "We're wasting our time."

Then he tries to walk away, but Monferno rushes up and Paul says, "So you have evolved... fine by me. How's a three-on-three sound?"

The battle begins with Gligar against Gliscor. I have Gligar use X-Scissor, however, Gliscor pounds back with Knock Off. Gligar begins to cry on the ground before I tell it to try Sand-Attack. Gligar gets up and starts to throw sand in Gliscor's face, but the Fang Scorpion Pokémon is unaffected by the attack. Paul commands Gliscor to use Guillotine, and I tell Gligar to counter with Steel Wing but it's no good as Gliscor scores a direct hit and slams Gligar into the ground, knocking it out.

"You did your best, Gligar." I say.

"Now might be the perfect time to tell Gligar that the loss is the trainer's fault." We glare at him as he sends out Ursaring next.

Monferno volunteers to fight next. The battle begins with Monferno's Flamethrower. Ursaring uses Focus Blast. Monferno uses Dig. Ursaring uses Hammer Arm on the ground, unearthing Monferno and knocking him into the air. Monferno dives down with a Flame Wheel, but Ursaring catches him. Ursaring uses Secret Power at close range. Due to the mysterious power of Ursaring's Secret Power attack, Monferno flinches and can't attack.