07/04/2010

Dear Diary,

Today is my 13th birthday. I'm so happy today because I got a lot of presents. You were one of them. There was a lot happening today, and I got to see a parade! My mommy and daddy were excited to throw a party. There were 2 cakes. I was born on the Fourth of July, which my parents call Independence Day. I live in Norfolk, Virginia because Mommy is in the military. We had to relocate here because of her stationing. We originally lived in Florida. It was too hot there. I miss my friends. I still talk to them, but I don't have a phone, so I have to use Daddy's phone. Daddy stays home with me because they say I'm homeschooled, whatever that means. Daddy and I have a lot of fun and get to hang out every day. He teaches me a lot of things with the work. I never go to school with all the other kids. When we go to the park, we have a lot of fun running around. We love to play tag. He is so fast. I love spending time with Daddy because he is always there for me. Daddy made sure my birthday was extra special because Mommy couldn't be with us today. I'm sad about that. I miss her. She is gone a lot and I never get to see her. Daddy says she is defending our country, but I don't know why. I was she was home more. Anyway, I got a lot of gifts! I got this notebook, a tablet, a big dollhouse, a necklace with Mommy's name on it, and a lot of bath bombs for the bathtub. They are really pretty! I also got a friendship bracelet maker, a really soft blanket, and a lot of stuffies! I love my stuffies so much! I have no room on my bed, but my daddy said he was going to get a huge net so we can put them up there! I am really excited about our adventures later on! I saw my daddy was on the phone earlier, but I didn't know who he was talking to. I never interrupt him on the phone. He says it's rude. One day, I'll be able to talk on the phone with Mommy, but she hasn't called yet. It makes me sad when she doesn't call. I want her here with Daddy and me. Maybe one day she will come back home.