07/28/2010

Dear Diary,

Today was an interesting day. We went to a big building, but it wasn't Daddy's work. I went through a big metal thing. After we went through, we walked over to where a big guy in a suit was. He looked scary, but he was really friendly. I got a dum-dum from him. Daddy and the man talked for a while. I was in a corner, reading a book Daddy brought for me. He brought a lot of books for me to read. Is this to keep me occupied? There were a lot of people dressed in really nice clothes and I felt like I wasn't dressed nice enough, but Daddy said it was a nice clothing place. We went into another room. A lot of people sitting down. I saw a huge stand. Who sits there? There was someone dressed in a cop uniform. Everyone had to stand up. I big guy dressed in a black robe took the stand. Daddy and Mommy were called up first. When I saw Mommy, I started freaking out. I didn't want to be near her. Daddy asked the big man if he could take me out of the room. The big guy allowed it, and the guy daddy was talking to said to take me out of the room and he can handle the beginning of the case. Daddy calmed me down and told me what was going on. He wasn't mad about me freaking out, but it did shock everyone who hasn't seen it. I was embarrassed. I didn't want to shock anyone. Daddy told me mommy was going to be in that room, and there wasn't anything he could do. He told me to expect to talk to the judge, which did happen. We went back in the room, and I stayed by Daddy. As they were talking, I didn't know what to do. The guy in the robe called me over and handed me a pack of fruit snacks. He was funny. I went back over to Daddy and showed him what the judge gave me. Daddy smiled. He called me to go to the back. I was nervous. My therapist was back there as well. Daddy wasn't allowed back. The judge asked me to explain what I remember when living with mommy. I started freaking out and the therapist came over to hold me. She told the robed man what I told her and showed him her notes with my permission. This was hard. He was shocked by what I endured. They asked if they could play the recording from our last session. I agreed. I knew the robed guy didn't like what he was hearing. but I knew it had to be done. My therapist and daddy called the guy judge. I guess that is what he is. After speaking with the judge, everyone looked worried when I walked out with my therapist and the judge. He gave me some candy and asked Daddy to follow the therapist out. We walked out of the courtroom and the therapist said I needed meds to keep me calm. I knew they were worried about me. Daddy agreed and she sent me to a doctor. The doctor knew everything measured my height and weight and prescribed some meds. We went back in the courtroom and Daddy's friend caught him up to speed. The judge called for a recess, whatever that meant and everyone walked out of the courtroom for a while. A few of them looked hurt when I looked at them. I don't know what they were thinking. The room I was in caught the whole thing and played it for everyone in the courtroom. That's what my daddy said. He called me brave. I'm dripping tears onto your paper, I'm sorry. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.