Forty-Two

"Mum, you should go lie down," Mac's voice makes my eyes fly open and I realise I've nodded off while trying to respond to some emails. Again.

"I will. As soon as I've finished here." I refocus my attention on the most recent email. A request from a designer to shoot their latest jewellery campaign.

"Mum..." my son whines. "You need to take care of yourself."

Like father, like son.

"Come here, sweetie." I pull him onto the seat beside me and wrap my arm around his shoulders. "Do you think Mum should do this job?" I point to the email and the attached photos of some of their items.

"Mmm... I like that," He grins while pointing to a stackable, wavy, enamel ring in lilac, of course.

The product is called flowing love and I decide that no matter what, I'm going to buy one for Mac and a matching pink one for Harry.

"Ooh, that's pretty. You should do the job and get one of those." He's pointing to a lovely gold rose bracelet with a purple stone in the centre. I think it might actually be perfect for the red carpet Harry and I have coming up.

I move the email to my potential folder so I can do a bit more research into the brand and their values, but it definitely looks promising.

"Mum, can we get a puppy?" Daniella throws her body down on the floor beside my feet. "Please?" She pleads, pressing her hands together in the prayer position.

"Not now, sweetheart. It's not fair to take a little puppy on tour."

"Ugh... That's what Dad said," she groans.

"Wait! Does that mean we can get a puppy when the tour is over?" Her brother gasps and I curse myself for leaving that hole for me to fall into.

"We can discuss it."

"But Robi got a horsey. That's not fair!" she adds.

"Robi's been asking for a horse for - like - ever, Dan. We need to be patient." Mac says and my heart swells at his maturity and then pinches for the same reason. Why do my babies need to keep growing? Now that, truly, is unfair!

"What do you guys want to do, since I have the day off?" Harry grins as he walks into the room we're using as a makeshift office. Our other two kids stroll in behind him.

"Can we go to Villa Park?" Dani and Mac ask.

"No footy ball!!" Madi stomps, and I prepare myself for a fight.

"I know," Robin grins. "Cadbury World!"

All four kids erupt into cheers, and I glance at Harry.

"You and babies fancy some chocolate?" He grins.

"There's always space for chocolate." I hold out my arms so Harry can help me up out of my seat since everyone else has run off to get ready.

-----

Four hours later. Too much chocolate eaten, chocolate creations and obligatory tourist pictures purchased, and I am absolutely shattered.

"You have a little chocolate..." Harry's finger teases my earlobe before his tongue lazily licks the spot, "... just there." I can feel his smile against my skin and suddenly I am not so tired anymore. In fact, my body is most definitely alive and kicking.

"Yuk!" Robi huffs as Harry goes in for another taste.

"Ah, shut up," He chuckles as he playfully pushes our eldest daughter away.