Eleven

I peel my eyes open and let out a little sigh when I realise Harry isn't in the bed beside me. Since I can't hear the shower I assume the kids must be back from Lori and Niall's and my kind husband has left me to sleep. I spot a little yellow post it note as I glance at the clock and reach out to pluck it from the lampshade. 

Gone out. Won't be long. I haven't forgotten our trip to the beach. Love you, Harry x

I stick the note back where it was and then climb out of his side of the bed. I wonder where he is off to at this time of the morning. It's only just turned 8am. I shake my head as I realise all his rings, except his wedding ring, are in his jewellery box on his bedside table. God only knows what that man of mine is up to. I pick up the peace ring and swirl it around my finger. It is one of his oldest rings and the writing isn't even visible anymore but Harry treasures it. I can feel my cheeks blush as I think of all the intimate parts of my body these rings have been and I smile as it clinks against the others when I place it back in the box.

I walk quietly towards the shower, discarding my underwear and Harry's shirt as I go. I turn on the shower and don't bother to wait for it to heat up before stepping inside, my body shudders under the cold water before it slowly warms up and I sigh at the feeling of the water beating down on me. It feels nice beating down on my shoulders, relaxing me until a sudden wave of nausea hits.

"Holy shit!" I grasp for the shower wall. I take a few deep breaths and relief washes over me when the feeling subsides.

I'm almost finished in the shower when the feeling returns, even stronger than before. "Come on little one, be nice to Mummy?" I sigh, breathing deeply. This time the feeling is refusing to budge, in fact it's getting worse. My mouth begins to get that watery feeling and before I can do anything to try to stop it I vomit all over the shower floor. Tears spring from my eyes when it just won't stop. Oh God, Harry where are you?

-----

An hour later and I've made it downstairs. After fifteen minutes spent on the floor of the shower, throwing up the entire contents of my stomach, the nauseous feeling had finally subsided. Now I'm feeling tired and cranky. Thankfully Robin has noticed I'm not feeling myself and is currently taking care of her brothers and sisters, in the kitchen. The sound of the door doesn't register as I stand in the hallway unsure whether to head to the kitchen and try to eat something or head to the Living Room and hope for a few moments of peace and quiet.

"Hi, baby!" I jump a little as I recognise Harry's husky voice and he wraps his arms around me from behind. I hold out his hands in front of me, they don't look right without his rings and I notice he's cleaned off the chipped pink nail polish too, apart from his cross tattoo and his wedding ring his hands are completely bare. I twist the ring, which matches mine, on his finger and smile at the happy memories it brings. "Why are you so fascinated by my hands?" He chuckles, that deep chuckle which gives me butterflies.

"They look naked without all your rings." My smile widens as he slips them from my hold so he can wrap his hands around mine, his chin rests softly on my shoulder and something else isn't right but I can't place what it is. 

"Ah crap! I picked up the vitamins Dr Ross suggested-"

"DAD! Your hair!" Robin cuts off Harry as she walks out of the kitchen and it hits me like a bolt of lightening, there are no curls tickling at my ear. I spin around and feel my mouth falling open.

"D'you like it?" He asks, running his hand through what is left of his hair. It hasn't been this short since he filmed Dunkirk and I don't know why but I burst into tears.

"Mum, calm down! It's only hair." I can hear the eye-roll in my daughters voice. "It looks good Dad, it's just different." She adds as Harry pulls me closer.