Four

Jessi

My eyes slowly open and I reach over to find the other bodies in my bed but I find nothing. The bed is empty and cold. How long had Harry been up with our teeniest Princess? The alarm clock reads 04.30 and I force my body up to go tag him out of sickness duty. My tired feet seem to sink into the carpet as I walk along the hallway to Madison's bedroom but I find it empty. I slowly walk back towards the stairs and my fingers softly slide against the wooden banister. 

I spot them as soon as I reach the bottom. Harry is sitting on the sofa, his head falling back uncomfortably, he'd pay for that later. Madison is straddling his right thigh, her little arms wrapping around his neck as his right arm holds her tightly. The scene is only made more adorable by the sight of the eldest Princess. Her bum rests in the space between Harry's thighs, her legs slung over the left one, her arms grip the one he's slid protectively around her and her head rests against his shoulder. Two puke bowls rest on the coffee table and I walk towards them quietly. I didn't want to wake Madison or Robi but my love needed some proper rest. I reached out my hand and slowly pressed it to his cheek. A little gasp left my mouth as he startled awake, his green eyes flying open.  

"Whad'ya need?" He mumbled quietly, eyes flicking left and right before they settled on me. 

"Hi." I smile softly. "Why didn't you wake me?" 

"M'good." He yawns. "Didn't wanna... you looked peaceful." 

"Come on. Let's get you all upstairs. You grab Robin and I'll take Madison?" I bent down and kissed the bridge of his nose. I really do have the best husband in the universe. I carefully peel away Madison's Koala grip which makes her whine until her arms lock around me instead. "Do you need a hand?" I ask Harry but he already has his arm positioned around Robi's back and under her knees, he stands with a slight groan and I watch as he wiggles his head from side to side.

"I already called Jeffrey. Told him I wouldn't be in tomorrow. I can do the stuff I need to from here. No need for you to cancel your appointments." He speaks quietly as I follow behind him on the stairs. I'd just taken on a big contract, doing the promo and album photos for a boy band, for their next three albums and they had their first shoot in the morning, well later today. Cancelling would have been a nightmare. It had taken months to get this appointment booked in. "I love you." He stops at the top of the stairs and bends to place a gentle peck to my lips. 

"I love you so much. You're amazing." I hug him as best I can with our little, and not so little one in the way. "Okay! Let's get these munchkins to bed!" I smile as I pat his bottom. After the three of them have settled in our bed, I head back downstairs to grab the sick bowls. 

Once I get back upstairs after cleaning them I can't help but stop and watch my beautiful babies again. Robi wrapped in one arm and Madison held in the other, I can't help but feel a little left out until Robi's eyes suddenly fly open. She leaps out of bed and pauses clearly confused by her surroundings until I guide her towards our bathroom. She rushes to the toilet and I follow behind, grabbing one of Harry's bulldog clips to hold back her hair. 

"You okay?" Harry mumbles from the doorway and I sigh as I usher him back to bed. 

"Sleep! I've got this." I sigh just as I hear Madison throw up as well. I'm almost too scared to look but feel quite proud when I spot her clutching the bowl. I really didn't have the energy to strip a bed right now. 

"Mum? Can I have water?" Robin groans from the floor. "Please?" I walk back towards her and fill a glass with water from the sink, feeling thankful we only have two down so far. It is actual carnage when all four are sick at once.