Thirty-One

"Daddy!" Madison yells as we make our way into the gym hall. Her hand slips from mine, and I panic and rush after her until I spot Harry. He's talking with Jeffrey, Adam and Mitch but that quickly comes to a stop when his daughter calls for him again. I can't stop watching him as his eyes scan the busy room, his lips curve upward when he spots her, grin widening which makes his dimple pop and his bright green eyes crinkle. Watching him with our children makes my insides do somersaults, I glance down at my bump and give it a little pat.

"I can't wait for him to meet you guys." I whisper before I head in my husband's direction, noticing that the rest of our kids have already made their way there. Our three-year-old is safely nestling in his arms, her legs wrapped around his waist. As I weave my way through students, teachers and parents I can't help but notice it's not just mine and the kids attention that Harry has captured. If this was a cartoon, I'm sure my eyes would have turned an even more vibrant shade of green than those of my love but I can't shake the feeling swirling inside me, my feet quicken as I double my efforts to reach him.

"Harry!" I call out his name and when I realise my arm is waving for him like an over-anxious teen vying for a sliver of her crushes attention, I pull it abruptly down by my side. "Get a grip, Jessi," I mumble to myself.

"Hey baby, wondered where you'd got to," his voice is calm. My body prickles with excitement as he slides his arm around me, his hand coming to rest in the small of my back as he pulls me closer. He presses a gentle, quick kiss to my forehead before straightening himself up again. His hand remains on my body but still I find myself pouting. His admirers are still staring and in a bid to claim him as mine I stand on my tiptoes and press a kiss to as high a point as I can reach, which happens to be his jaw.

"Missed you," I breathe out as the twins give me a hard kick.

"Missed you too but I only saw you a few hours ago," he chuckles. "Look pretty." His hand moves from its position on my back to run through my hair and then he grips my shoulder and pulls me closer, smushing me against his chest.

"You okay?" He asks as I bunch his t-shirt in my fist.

"I need you to kiss me," I whisper so our daughter or our friends don't overhear.

"Here?" The surprise in his voice doesn't shock me, in fact I expect it after all we don't really do P.D.A's, especially not somewhere like this with so many phones around.

"Dad! Will you come see Coach Williams with me, please?" Mac asks before I can answer.

"Sure, bud." Harry grins. "Madi, you stay with Uncle Jeffrey until I get back," he says as he passes her over to our friend.

"Mum, Anlon and I are going to go find a seat," Robin says as her hand taps my shoulder.

"Mum, I'm gonna go with them," Daniella adds and follows behind them.

"Robin! Look after your sister!" I yell, my eyes staying glued on them until I see them stop and wait for her.

I gasp when I feel fingers caress my neck, my pulse rate returning to normal when I recognise my husband's scent. My eyelids fall closed as he presses his lips firmly but carefully to mine. I chase him as he pulls away until he presses another gentle kiss just below my ear. "I'll be back soon," his voice is low and tender, "I love you."

"I love you too," I smile, my cheeks feeling warm from his touch.

"Hey Jess!" Somebody bumped my elbow, drawing my attention from Harry and Mac as they walk together, Harry's hand placed protectively on our son's shoulder. I hope my husband can calm him down, he's so nervous. "You okay?" the male voice speaks up again and I try to hide my annoyance as I turn towards the sound.