Thirty

"No!" My wife's giggle fills the room as she throws her arms around my waist. 

"What do you mean no?" I grin, my fingers letting go of the t-shirt I was about to pull off the shelf. I spin my body carefully in her hold and rest my hands on her shoulders, her fluffy pink bathrobe feels soft under my skin. 

"Come cuddle with me, please?" She glances up at me from beneath her hood and gives me those puppy dog eyes that she so expertly uses against me. 

"You look so pretty, do you know that?" My hands slide under the soft fleecy fabric to cup her cheeks. 

"Is that a yes?" Her smile lights up the room as she places her hands over mine. 

"How could I possibly refuse you?" I whisper and bend over to place a kiss to the tip of her nose. 

"You can't! Don't even try!" She says before a loud giggle bursts from her lips. She pulls my hands from her cheeks and links her fingers with mine while she excitedly backs towards the bed I'd just stripped and remade with fresh sheets since we made a mess of the old ones. "You lie down first so I can get comfy," she mumbles quietly. 

"Yes, boss!" I smirk before sitting on the edge of the bed and throwing myself back onto the covers, a satisfied sigh leaves my lips as I breathe in the scent of Jasmine and orange blossom that wafts up from the washing powder. I feel the mattress shift beneath me as Jess climbs onto the bed and I hum happily as she settles down beside me. Her leg slips over my thigh, her bump rests against my hip and her head nestles softly against my shoulder. I wait patiently for her hand to make it's way to my butterfly and when it doesn't I tilt my head up to look at her. "You okay?" 

"Perfect," she murmurs. She places her hand against my chest and I allow my head to fall back against the bed, my right arm tightening around her body as my left hand slides beneath her clothing to press against her bump. The twins are as wriggly as ever. The tips of her fingers tickle as she draws her hand back across my chest and her breathing slows while she starts to draw soft little circles around and over my nipple. 

"Don't fall asleep on me, baby," I whisper. I know it's selfish because she's tired but if she sleeps then I get less time to spend with her before I have to go pick the kids up from school. 

"I'm not sleeping, just content. I missed you." Her lips press to my skin in a sweet kiss which causes a smile to spread over my face. 

"Missed you too. And you babies." My hand rubs gently over her bump as we settle into the quiet again. 

I think I manage another five minutes before my mind becomes restless. "Jess?"

"Hmm?" 

"What did you mean earlier when you said you could help with the lighting rig?" I ask and a frown takes over my lips as she stops playing with my nipple. 

"Oh, I really can help with that. I know somebody," she says and suddenly scrambles to sit up. 

"Hey, slow down!" I grab at her hips but she shrugs me off. 

"Where's my phone? You need to speak to Tony." 

"Baby! Who's Tony?" I sigh as she hurries out the bedroom door. 

"He built my little lighting rig, he's a genius!" She yells over her shoulder as I rush to catch up to her. 

"Love, I don't doubt that he's good at his job but there's quite a difference between the kind of rig you need and the kind I'm talking about." 

"I know that, H. But he made mine as a favour because I took photo's for his grand-daughters modeling portfolio, that's not his usual work. He has this big company, they build sets and stages. They toured with Adele last year, it was her who told him to bring his grand-daughter to me-"