Twelve

"Ah, Mr and Mrs Styles. Come in? Good Morning, Mac!" The headmaster gestures inside his office where Samuel and his parents are already seated.

"Mr and Mrs Styles, this is Mr and Mrs Thomas." He says as we enter the room.

"Please call me Harry and this is my wife Jessi." Harry smiles, holding out his hand to the boy's father.

"Sam and Rosalie." He answers curtly, ignoring Harry's outstretched hand. I squeeze my husband's hand in mine, hoping to keep him calm as we sit ourselves down in the chairs the headmaster indicates. Mac joins Samuel on the sofa beside the window and my heart fills with pride as I see my son smile kindly at the older boy. 

"Now I'm glad you all decided to join me here today." He starts as if this had been his idea and not mine and Harry's, "I'm sure we can all agree that we want nothing more than to get this thing sorted. We can't have parents wandering into the school and taking their kids out of class anytime they feel like it." He glares at Harry and I give his hand another squeeze, at this rate I'm going to crush his fingers to dust.

"What? Was I supposed to just leave my son hiding in the toilets all day, yeah?" Harry snaps.

"Well, maybe if your son hung around with real men, then he might not be such a sissy?" Sam scoffs.

"Excuse me?" Harry spits. Shit! The pleasantries hadn't lasted long. I glance over to the kids. Mac is shaking his head as Harry and Sam's yelling match gets worse and when my eyes land on Sam junior, I realise his eyes are glued on me and my husband.

"ENOUGH!" The headmaster bangs his fists on the desk, causing me to drop my phone, and when I bend over to pick it up, I notice Samuel's eyes are still fixed on the same spot as before. I sit up and glance to my right to try to see what he is looking at but I get distracted as my husband licks his lips making his jaw flex. Fuck! He is sexy! A thought hits me like a lightening bolt. I push Harry forward, my eyes staying glued on Sam jr. as his eyes follow Harry's movements.

"Ohhh!" I breathe out.

"Something you'd care to share, Mrs Styles?" The headmaster glares at me. I quickly shake my head and he starts rabbiting on again.

"What are you playing at? Why did you push me?" Harry whispers.

"Tell you later." I reply.

-----

I excuse myself from the conversation in the hallway and walk over beside Samuel, unsurprisingly he doesn't even notice, he is still staring at Harry.

"He's pretty hot, right?" I speak quietly, making sure nobody else is listening in.

"I don't know what you mean." He shrugs but his blushing cheeks give him away.

"Your sister isn't the only one who likes him, is she?" I smile, kindly. "It's okay I won't say anything."

"Sh-she was the only one wh-who knew." He sighs. "Now she's gone."

"Can I give you some advice?" I ask and he nods furiously, like one of those bobble head toys. "Rather than pick on my son or daughter you should try talking to them. Robin or Mac won't judge you, they are good listeners and are fiercely loyal. They'd make great friends and I think you could use some of those?" 

"They'll never be my friend now, after all the mean things I said. Oh, God! I-I- I didn't m-mean them." He stutters and the pained look on his face makes my heart ache.

"Sam, trust me. Just talk to them, yeah?" He nods. "And don't worry about what you said. I understand." I feel sorry for the kid, it can't be easy in that house with his Dad's obvious homophobia and from what I can tell his Mum isn't much better.