Seven

"Okay! Chop chop! Everybody out the pool!" I yell walking out into the back garden. With a little last-minute help from Sara I think I've found outfits all the kids will be happy with, meanwhile said kids and my husband have been playing in the pool.

"Jus' five more minutes!" Daniella yells and my heart literally jumps into my mouth as Harry and Mac backflip from the ledge the artificial waterfall runs off. My breathing momentarily pauses until they pop their heads up above the water, whooping and cheering. It was a seriously tough call identifying which one is supposed to be the adult sometimes.

"No more minutes. Come on!" I clap my hands to get their attention.

"Mummy!" Madi's voice almost screams. "Look, me and Robi be-laxing." She grins while laying back down on the giant rainbow floaty they were sharing. "I'm trying." I just catch Robin's groan as she shifts her bright pink Gucci sunglasses, that I'm positive she's pinched from her Dad's wardrobe, down over her eyes. My own eyes drift towards my husband, trying to mentally convery that I could use some help here.

"Come join us for a bit?" He shrugs. "You've been gone all afternoon!"

"Actually, I've been -" I pause mid-sentence as he flicks me with water. "Harry!" I warn as I see the mischievous grin take over his lips. I gasp as my legs from the knees down are suddenly soaking wet, my skinny jeans instantly sticking to my skin. My eyes dart to my ten-year-old son who is giggling as if this is the funniest thing he has ever seen. "HARRY!" I yell as his hands suddenly wrap around my wrist and the next thing I know, my head is breaking through the water to the sound of laughter. "You're gonna pay for this." I smile up at my husband whose arms have wrapped themselves around my body. 

"Was worth it, just to see this." His thumb brushes over my lips. "Been walking around with a stressed little pout all afternoon."

"Mum! I think Dad and Mac should get clean up duty for that." Daniella says as she climbs on my back, her arms sliding around my shoulders.

"I like your thinking, Sweetheart." I smile, pulling myself away from Harry and making my way to the steps so I can climb out of the pool.

"Hey! No fair!" I can hear Mac yell.

"Ah, little brother, you should know better than to mess with us." I hear Robi say as she follows behind us.

"We rule, boys drool." Madison cackles like a little hyena and I smile in victory, three kids on their way to shower and the pool is getting tidied. Good job girls.

-----

"Baby, the kids look amazing." I call into our bedroom where Jess has been busy getting ready.

"H? Can you finish doing up my dress, please?" She says softly as she backs out of the wardrobe. Just from this view of her behind in the white dress I know she looks smoking hot. I take two strides to reach her, my left hand sweeping her softly curled hair to the side before my fingers splay out over her shoulder, my right hand makes light work of the zipper and comes to rest on her other shoulder. She smells so pretty I wish I could bottle it, she's wearing Daisy tonight, doesn't wear it as often as she used to, mostly just when we are going somewhere special but when she does, I'm instantly taken back to that first time we met and I fall head over heels in love with her. All over again. "You okay?" She asks as her fingers link with mine on her shoulders.

"Mmhmm... Just thinking about how lucky I am." I smile and place a kiss to her head.

"Mum! Oh wow! You guys match!" Robi's voice shatters my little daydream and Jessi's fingers slip from mine as she spins to face me.