Nineteen

"Come here, you look tired," Jessi speaks quietly as she glances over the back of the sofa. Her hair is still pinned up in her loose bun, a few strands of her wavy hair have fallen down around her ears and my feet carry me towards her like a moth seeking a flame. 

"You look pretty," I smile. My body sinks into the soft cushion beside her and I thread my fingers through hers as she attempts to pull me into a hug. Her warm face settles into a frown until I scoop her up, a little giggle leaving her lips as she slides into the space between my legs and the sound tugs at my heartstrings. I hug her and the bump to my body, before letting my fingers wander up her sides and then rest on her shoulders. I place a kiss to the bare skin of her neck, "you been stealing my Tom Ford?" I inhale deeply, it smells so good on her. 

"Makes me feel calm," she breathes, "like you're always with me." 

She lets out a satisfied little hum as my thumbs rub along the back of her neck. I move my right hand into her hair and slide out a kirby grip. "I like that." I smile against her warm flesh as I remove another grip. I sit back as her hair tumbles down over her shoulders and hum quietly as I run my fingers through her soft waves. 

"How did the meeting go? Is River okay?" She whispers and I let out a sigh. River did not deserve her sympathy but the fact that my wife was still willing to give it is one of the many things I love about her. The online backlash had started before River had even finished her performance tonight and Jess found herself dragged into the mess all because some silly little girl can't get her head round the fact I am head over heels in love with the woman currently nestling in my arms.

"Jeffrey is pissed off. Sara suggested we 'leak' that the notes for the stylists got muddled up," I lift my hands to make air quotes. "So hopefully things will die down. And River seems to be completely unphased by any of it. I want you to stay away from her though. I don't trust her, baby." 

"H! Sweetie! She's just a girl. I mean, what exactly is she going to do to me? She's not the first person who's tried to take you away from me," She giggles softly before squeezing my thighs, "she'll get the message, eventually." 

My arms wrap tightly around her shoulders, hugging her as tight as I can manage. "Yeah." I speak calmly so I don't worry my wife but this girl genuinely scares me, she doesn't seem to be getting the message and her behaviour only seems to be getting more and more desperate. 

"Harry?" Her voice whispers. I hum in response. "Take me to bed, please?" 

"My pleasure." I stand both of us up and keep my arms wrapped around her tight so we have to waddle towards the stairs.

-----

"H?" 

"Mmm..." His voice sounds like a low rumble of thunder and it makes my heart thump harder than it already is. 

"I love you," I breathe. He makes the mattress shake as his naked body falls down beside mine on the bed. 

"I know, you screamed that a second ago," he chuckles. I shuffle closer to him and pinch his side causing him to let out a little "ow!" 

"I'm trying to be serious." I snuggle in closer to him, my head resting against his armpit as my bump settles into its spot on his hip. I hum quietly as his right hand moves to calm the twins who have been playing a game of rugby for most of the night.

"I'm sorry, baby." I can hear the grin in his voice as he places a soft kiss to the top of my head. "I love you too. So, so much." I hug his left arm around my body and I place a kiss to his warm skin as he slowly traces circles on my shoulder. "Everything okay?"