Eighteen

Chaos. That is the best way to describe what I've just come home to. I almost trip over the pairs of shoes that lie abandoned by the door, and not put away in their cubby holes like they are supposed to be. Mac streaks in front of me like a bolt of lightening quickly followed by Daniella shrieking at the top of her lungs, I don't manage to catch what has gotten her so worked up. The TV in the Living Room is blaring some cartoon and I hear my husband's voice yell "Madi! I've already told you! Turn that down or I'm gonna turn it off!" 

"Sammy! No! You can't have him!" Robin's voice reaches me next as her and her friend stomp by me and up the stairs as if I don't even exist. And I'm beginning to suspect that boy just lives here now.

"H?" I yell. 

"Angel?" My entire body fills with happiness as I recognise the familiar voice. My feet rush across the floor as Danny appears in the entrance to the Living Room. I let out a happy laugh as he hugs me and spins me in a circle. "Oh, man! Look at you! So beautiful!" He beams as he sets me down on the floor. 

"You really are." Anne and Pam rush toward me and before I know it I'm wrapped in three sets of arms and I feel so loved I can't even describe it. That parental kind of love which instantly makes me feel safe and protected.

"It's so good to see you." I breathe as I melt into their embrace, my eyes falling closed. 

"Kids! Mum's home!" Harry sings and the sound of little feet thumping on the floor is muffled as I'm still being held in a giant hug. A chorus of "Mum" and "Mummy" breaks out as more hands and arms add themselves to the mix. I can feel the stress from work being squeezed from my body. "Alright. Alright! Everyone get off! My turn!" He chuckles. In the blink of an eye everyone else is gone and I'm in the familiar embrace of my husband. Loved. Wanted. Home.

"I fucking missed you." He whispers as he presses his lips to my forehead.

My hands grip his biceps as I steady myself on my tiptoes, my head tilted upwards in a begging pout. My heart hums happily when he presses a chaste kiss to my lips, followed by another. I want more of his kisses though and I wish we could just sneak off somewhere and have a make-out session. I grin as I realise we more or less can. "Come on." I lower my feet to the floor and grab his hand, pulling him towards the kitchen. "I'm just gonna help Harry with dinner if anyone is looking for me!" I announce as we stroll by the Living Room. 

"Our kids have turned feral, Jess! Our parents took them for ice cream and I don't know what was in this ice cream but they've been wild ever since they got back." My hands grip the counter and the twins bump his stomach as I try to jump onto the counter. Without saying a word, he grips my hips and easily lifts me to my desired destination. Seriously? I must be getting heavy by now? My bump feels heavy. "Madison!" His yell startles me as the music starts up from the other room again. 

"Not me!" Her little voice yells before her brother mutters an apology and the music dims to an acceptable level. 

"What you cooking?" I smile as I bunch up the bright yellow Treat People With Kindness t-shirt from his first tour, pulling him closer to me so I can place a kiss to his cheek. 

"The kids wanted pasta so I'm making Bolognese for them, Mum and Pam but I don't fancy all those carbs so I'm having Tuna Steaks with salad and Danny wanted that too. There's enough for you to have either." 

"Mmm... sounds good." I whisper as my lips drag along the smooth skin of his cheek before placing a kiss to the corner of his mouth. His hands meander to my hips, his touch feather light as he tries to figure out exactly what I want from him. My fingers are inching their way under his t-shirt, up his back until I find a particularly warm spot and hug him to me as close as my bump will allow. I rub my lips against his before puckering them for the lightest of kisses. I let out a gasp as he sucks my bottom lip between his, his teeth nipping softly before he lets it go. I lean forward, pressing my lips to his more firmly this time and my heart thumps as he moves his mouth in time with mine. Slowly. Softly. Lovingly.