Forty-Six

"Oh, my god!" My teen's voice pulls me from my thoughts. I'm looking through the photos from last night's show, short-listing my favourites before Harry decides which of those he shares to social media. "Is that Dad's arse?" I turn in my chair to find her horrified face and her finger pointing at my computer screen, which I've set up in a makeshift office on the dining room table in our latest hotel suite.

"Who else is it gonna be?" I chuckle as she makes vomiting noises before sitting in the empty chair beside me and letting out a little sigh.

"What are we talking about?" My husband's voice floats into the room before the man himself walks in, holding two mugs, which I hope contain coffee. I could use the pick me up, no amount of sleep seems to be enough lately.

I place a hand on my bump and can't stop my smile. It'll all be so worth it when they're here.

"Mmm. I see." Harry waggles his eyebrows at me as he places a mug next to my laptop.

"Dad! Could I have a hot chocolate, please?"

"Of course, sweetpea." He presses a kiss to the top of her head before disappearing, his own mug of coffee still in his hand.

"You okay, Robin?"

"I miss Holmes Chapel. I don't want to go back to LA after Madrid." She crosses her arms on the table and then buries her head in them.

"Sweetheart..." I rub my hand against her back.

"I want to go to Holmes Chapel with Grandma after London, please Mum?" she pleads. Her eyes peek up at me and I quickly glance at the door to make sure Harry isn't anywhere near. With the mood he's in, I know he'll take it as some sort of personal attack.

"I love watching Dad's shows every night but the arenas are boring, there's nothing to do -"

"Sweetpea, do you want marshmallows?" My husband's head pokes in the door and I freeze. Shit! I silently pray he didn't hear any of that.

"Yes, please." Robin smiles, and he's off again.

"Can we talk about this later? When it's just us?"

"You promise?"

I quickly nod my head and pull her into a massive hug. The teacher that Harry and I have hired to "homeschool" the kids starts in a couple of days, so hopefully that will help Robin settle into more of a routine. I do not want to have to have this conversation with H. I know he'll ultimately agree to let her go because he wouldn't want any of our children to be unhappy, but it will break his heart.

"Is there room in that hug for me?"

Robin and I nod at the same time, and almost in an instant, we're cocooned in a bubble of love. My husband truly does give the best cuddles ever.

"What are you up to?" I grin into his armpit as I hear him typing on my keyboard.

"Nothing." The guilty tone in his voice has me wriggling to free myself from his grasp, but when I manage to break free, the screen looks exactly like I left it.

I spin to look at him and he gives me an angelic grin, complete with dimples. He nudges Robin to scoot over before he perches himself beside her, rather than take the empty chair on my other side.

"You okay, sweetpea?" He puts an arm around her, and I smile when she snuggles into his side. I love how close all our kids are to their father. It makes my insides go all gooey. If I wasn't already pregnant with the twins, I might beg him for yet another baby. Maybe I better think about a permanent method of birth control once Stevie and Monroe are born, just to avoid temptation.