Twenty-Nine

"Please, baby?" 

His breath feels silky soft against the bare skin of my neck and when he places a soft kiss to that special spot just below my ear I feel my body mould itself to his. I crave him like a flower craves water but I drag my right hand from curling around his shoulder and press it flat against his chest.

"H?"

"Fuck, I forgot how good you taste!" His tongue darts out to lick over the spot he'd just kissed and I force my moan back down my throat. I move my left hand to his chest and push him away from me. 

"Stop it!" My voice is far from forceful and when I feel a tear roll down my cheek, I turn away from him. 

"Jessi? C'mere!" His arms wrap around me and the twins but I wriggle myself free. "Jess?" The confusion in his voice irritates me. Who the hell does he think he is? What makes him think he can just swan in here, fuck me and everything will be all sunshine and roses again? 

I swipe away a few more tears that have fallen as various options of what I should say play in my head. "I guess it's nice to know that your dicks need to be buried somewhere warm can still draw you out of that damn studio." 

Harry's arms drop from around my body and I feel a new set of tears build so I move towards the kettle and flick the switch while I prepare two mugs. I don't even particularly like tea I just need something to distract me from my feelings. 

"I didn't come home to argue with you-" 

"No, I know. You made it plainly obvious why you came home." My voice sounds loud and unsteady compared to his calm one and even that irks me. I wish he'd just do something, anything to show me he actually cares. 

"Yeah. Okay. I probably deserve that but -" I can hear his feet plod against the floor behind me, "since when is the fact that you turn me into a horny teenage boy news to you?" His hands tentatively grip my shoulders. "I'm sorry." His thumbs stretch to press between my shoulder blades, the exact spot where I tend to carry my tension and the fact that he knows this reminds me how lucky I am to have him. 

"Tell me what you need from me, baby," his lips press to the top of my head, "how do we make this work? Because I can't do it without you, I need your love and support." 

"I need you to make time for the kids, Harry. I signed up for this, they didn't." I turn to face him and today is one of those days where he seems especially tall, maybe that's just me feeling small for giving him such a hard time. "I don't think you realise how much you hurt Mac when you told him you couldn't go to his game, I know he says he's fine, but he's not. And as for Madison, she literally thinks you've abandoned her. Robin and Daniella miss you too even although they try to hide it, the only music I'm allowed to play in the car is yours and Daniella has changed the song for her freestyle dance piece to Golden." 

The smile that creeps over his features at the news makes me smile too. "And I need you to talk to me, Harry. If something happens which means you will be in rehearsals for another few days, then you need to discuss it with me. Apart from that I'm good, I can deal with it." 

He quirks his eyebrow at me and I let out a quiet chuckle, "I didn't promise I would handle it well!" I hold my hands up in surrender and he raises his own hands and presses them against mine before linking our fingers. His gaze looks above my head as he mulls over everything I've said. 

"I did mean to talk to you about the delay, I promise, I just... I don't know, I fucked up and ended up telling the girls first. I fucked up a lot of things." 

I open my mouth to speak but he detangles his right hand and presses it to my cheek. 

"What time is Mac's game? I can force myself to take a lunch break, I might even bring the guys with me, I know they'd probably love to cheer on our son too."