Pt37: Didn't you love her?

Hi there, people here. I am updating you with the 37th part of my story .
Wasn't well enough to write.
It'll be too much of work for me these coming times.

Do hit the Star button after reading the part. The book has given me lots of emotions while writing each part of it.
Each part has been dearly closed to me.

So let's begin ...

Happy reading 📚 😊

Author's Pov

Sameer stood by the window, gazing out into the darkness. It had been a week since Mehak went missing, and the weight of her absence hung heavy on his heart. The night sky was cloudless, but the stars offered him no comfort.

Mehak had been the love of his life. Their marriage had been filled with laughter and joy, but also with love and understanding. The day she went missing was just another ordinary day. Sameer had woken up early to find her gone. The note she left behind told him only that she had left to clear her head, promising to return soon.

He had spent the last week searching for her, traveling from one end of the city to the other, hoping against hope that he would find her alive and well. The police had been involved, and a massive search was underway, but no one had seen Mehak since that fateful day.

As the days passed, Sameer's desperation grew. He could barely eat or sleep. The image of Mehak's smiling face, the sound of her laughter, haunted him. He could feel his own family pulling away from him. His parents, Tania and Rabia, were all worried about Mehak, but they couldn't help but feel betrayed by Sameer.

Abi and Nabeer, while not ready to completely cut ties with Sameer, were finding it difficult to trust him after everything that had happened. They were afraid that they would be next to suffer the same fate as their sister-in-law.

As the sun began to rise, Sameer continued to stand by the window, his gaze still fixed on the distant horizon. He could feel the hope within him fading, but he couldn't bring himself to give up.

He picked up the phone and dialed the police station, once again reporting Mehak as missing. His voice was filled with a mix of despair and determination as he pleaded with the officers on the other end of the line to find his wife.

He hung up the phone and began to pace the room, his thoughts filled with the image of Mehak's beautiful face. He had loved her with all his heart, and he couldn't bear the thought of life without her.

Suddenly, the door to the room burst open, and Sameer's mother, Tania, and Rabia rushed in. Their faces were etched with concern and fear, and Sameer could see the hope in their eyes as they desperately searched for any sign that their beloved sister-in-law was somewhere around .

Sameer's Pov

They busted in the room, but their faces radiated a hope , a hope which again would shatter only because of me.
I kept the phone down, and they waited for my answer , but when I shook my head in denial, a great disappointment was seen on their faces.

And why won't it be, my jaana was missing since a week, and no one was informed about this except the family in this mansion.
They left my room with great difficulty, Tania and rabia had made a distance between us.
Nabeer and abeer were trying hard to, but they couldn't turn their backs on me.

Ammijaan and abbujaan were worried for everything.
They left, and here I am sitting with nothing but a picture of hers in the hope that she is fine and good.
Just be fine, please.

The only thing was , if Shahaan knows this, more than anger, it'll be his hurt and his trust that I shattered.
My attention was now drawn to the phone ringing, and it wasn't mine, but Jaana's phone ringing, and it was none other than her bhaijaan that' is Shahaan.

On the other hand, of the corner.

Mehak's Pov

I groggily sit up in the bed. I hold my hand to her forehead, feeling a wave of dizziness wash over me.
(grimacing)
Ugh, what's happening to me?

My face turns pale as a sensation of nausea overwhelms me. I hurriedly make my way towards the bathroom, trying my best to steady myself.

IN THE BATHROOM

I reach the bathroom just in time before I vomit into the toilet. I clang onto the edge, feeling weak and restless. After a few moments, I rinsed my mouth and splashed some cold water onto my face.

I returned to my messy bedroom, looking visibly tired and distressed. As s
I sit on the edge of my bed, my best friend Alisha bursted into the room, a concerned expression on her face.

ALISHA
(rushing over)
Oh my God, Mehak! What happened? Are you okay?

I tried to look up at Alisha, her eyes reflecting a mixture of fear and confusion. She takes a deep breath, trying to steady herself.

MEHAK
(voice trembling)
I don't know... I woke up feeling nauseous, and everything around me seemed so unsettling. I can't explain it.

Alisha's worry deepens as she surveys my condition. She took a seat next to me, wrapping an arm around me for support.

ALISHA
(gently)
Mehak, there's something we need to talk about. I've noticed these changes in you for a while now. I think... you might be pregnant.

My eyes widen in shock, my hand instinctively moving to touch my stomach. My mind races, trying to process the information.

MEHAK
(whispering)
Pregnant? But... how?

Alisha squeezes my hand, her own eyes brimming with both concern and excitement.

ALISHA
It's possible, Mehak. And if what you're experiencing is morning sickness...

My initial fear slowly gives way to a mix of emotions, as i begin to comprehend the situation I find myself in. I look at Alisha, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips but hurtful tears in her eyes.

MEHAK
(softly)
I... I think you might be right, Alisha. I can't believe this, but deep down, a part of me feels... hopeful.

Alisha's face lights up with a mix of hurt and joy.

ALISHA
(hugging Mehak tightly)
We're in this together, Mehak. Whatever you decide, I'll be right by your side. We'll figure everything out, I promise.

I hold onto Alisha, feeling a sense of warmth wash over my amidst the uncertainty. I know that this unexpected turn of events will change our lives forever, but in that moment, I also realized it might be the start of something beautiful or something worse.

💥💥💥Boom
That's it for today, guys .
The chapter ends here.
Thanks for reading.

See you soon
Hit the Star button
Bye bye 👋 😘