Pt43: Not anymore

Guys, bohot busy busy time Hai.
Mostly, it's too emotional phase for me.
But it's okay as time passes by, and it is teaching me patience and importance of myself and me.
Life is really not a bed of roses for everyone.

Also, please do vote after reading.
Guys, be fine it's alright to have a few people rather than snakes in your area .

Okay, let's start the chapter here.

Happiest reading 📚 💖

Author's Pov

It was almost a month that had passed with the incident. She was now with a baby bump of six months, but there were no changes happening for good.

Another gloomy night and her by the window sight..
Her eyes brimming and her lips stuttering..
Her eyes reminisced the same moments of a month ago...
Her breath turns shaky each moment as her sobs fill up the whole dim room...
Her hands caressing her baby bump to soothe herself and her little kids...

" Sameer, you didn't have to do this..to me..to us... at least they don't deserve this.. right, jaana...things happened as our imtihaan Sam.. Sameer.. you were supposed to hold me till our after lives too right...our kid didn't do any bad, Sam.. Sameer...what about my heart.... what will I do...."

Her tears streamed down as the heavy rains outside the window pane..
Her head rested on the pillow as the sleep slumbers her up .
Gripping her swollen belly, she gasped for breath as waves of pain washed over her, signaling danger to her pregnancy.

As the pain intensified, Mehak's vision blurred, and her surroundings seemed to fade away. Tears streamed down her cheeks, mixing with the beads of sweat on her forehead. Desperate for relief, she tried to call out for help, but her voice caught in her throat as the pain tightened it

In her distressed state, Mehak's hand brushed against a glass on the bedside table, sending it crashing to the ground with a loud shatter. The sound echoed through the silent house, jolting Shafaq and her babajaan and Shahaan from their sleep.

With tear-strained cheeks and a trembling voice, Shafaq called Sameer in a state of desperation, her words barely audible over the sound of the raging storm. Each ring felt like an eternity as she prayed for him to answer, her plea for help punctuated by the relentless downpour outside.

Shahaan, his concern evident in every gesture, knelt beside Mehak, offering words of comfort as he tried to soothe her through the pain. The gravity of the situation hung heavy in the air, intensified by the howling wind and the drumming rain that seemed to mirror Mehak's turmoil.

In the midst of the storm's fury and Mehak's distress, time seemed to stand still, every second fraught with tension and uncertainty. As they awaited help, the only sound that cut through the chaos was Mehak's labored breathing, a stark reminder of the delicate balance between life and danger that hung in the balance

On the other side of the world.

His hands trace the frame...
" Oh my jaan-e-mehram, aapke bina humarein kamre ki haalt dekh rhi hai aap."

His eyes wander his whole messy room, and letters scattered around . A chuckle leaves his mouth as he diverts back his attention to the frame.

" Aapke jaane se jaise humarein zindagi mai kahi raunak hi na bachi ho. What have you done, begum.. bad was me love..so bad tha..that I..I'd let people..control...Begum ...come back..I can't take this anymore .... save me... please..."

And as all time his body touched the cold floor with a thud as his savior was lost somehow with his own hands...

But what made him squint his eyes open was Shafaq's call at this time.
As it was past 1.30am at night. With no other thoughts, he picked up the call.