Pt40: Tainted heart ?

Okay, guys, here I'm with the 40th part of the story.
Thanks for giving my book the time to read.
Happiest New Year to all of you.
May this year get you closer to your dreams.

So I've got insta handle for this book of mine.
Further spoilers and stuff will be given there.
Edits and everything included.
Acc: hismaamabear_1310

See you there soon, people.

I guess ranted enough.
Let's start this

Authors Pov

As Alisha conducted the examination, the room was filled with the rhythmic sound of the heartbeat monitor. Mehak held her breath, waiting for Alisha to share the news.

Alisha: (smiling) Well, Mehak, it looks like you're not just expecting one baby.

Mehak's eyes widened in surprise.

Mehak: (excited and shocked) What do you mean?

Alisha: (grinning) You're having twins, Mehak. Congratulations!

Mehak's heart skipped a beat as the reality of the news sunk in.

Mehak: (overwhelmed) Twins? Oh my goodness! I never expected that.

Alisha: (supportive) It's a beautiful surprise, Mehak. Twins can be a handful, but they also bring double the joy.

Mehak, still processing the revelation, managed a smile.

Mehak: Twins... Sameer will be so surprised. And everyone, too!

She said this, though, somewhere her insecurities said that he won't even believe this if he is the same person who had spat so venom to her.

Alisha: (encouraging) It's a lot to take in, but you have a strong support system. And I'm here every step of the way.

Mehak: (grateful) Thank you, Alisha. I appreciate your support and guidance.

As Mehak absorbed the news of having twins, a mix of excitement and nervousness filled the room. Alisha, with a heavy head, stood up, supporting out mehak, left the cabin on their way home.

[Guys, please play* chaahat by Jeet Ganguly for the rest of this plot. *]

On the other hand, around as mehak stood by his office door , as they on the way passed The Barudgar office alisha she haulted the car so that mehak could've a talk with Sameer.

But here as she reached the office, she met her two gloomy devars who seemed so happy with her presence there.
Their worry was now subtle as they saw her.
But they bombarded her with questions she just answered them about her safety and excused herself to have a talk to their brother.
To which they nodded.

Her step fastened with nervousness clearly visible.
But her steps were at hault, leaving her fazed as her steps fumbled.
Her lips quivering her eyes filled up in an instant.
Her ears turned down.

The words that only escaped her trembling lips were nothing but...

"He isn't my Meer...this is not you..jalal..you don't mean this...a break...and we'll be fine...we'll be fine..Meer....don't hurt....me...".

All eyes were only on a woman running out of the office way of the CEO , it was none other than Mehak leaving out with a messed up state.
Her eyes unleashed pools of tears.
The voices of the two of her brother in laws had turned void to her ears.

She sat in hurriedly in the car with immense pain in her chest.
Alisha, without questioning, further drove away.
But here, the two brothers were horrified to watch her in this state, but the fear took the best of them as she walked out of their brother's office way.

Mehak's Pov

I took a deep breath and entered Sameer's office, my hands trembling as I clutched the small gift box. I couldn't wait to see the joy on Sameer's face upon hearing as we were expecting twins.
Nor I could hide the fear of him not believing me once again.
But I had trusted him more than anything, and trying and thinking positive would be right.
However, as I approached, I overheard Sameer's voice filled with regret.

"I never meant to hurt you, Jaana. It's just that you and I are a family, and I need to focus on that. Also, I'm so sorry for not believing you, for trusting you over others.
I'm sorry, love, " I heard Meer explain, unaware of my presence.

But as the Realization struck me, it was Shaheen. Yes, it was Her, she glanced at me, giving me nothing but a pathetic smile, but as Meer was talking, she was giving all her attention to it. But Meer he didn't even turned towards me, he no longer felt my presence as before it felt.

How could he call her Jaana? The name was mine. He is mine. He was mine, but now...
I couldn't stop my head anymore.
He nearly seemed to forgive us so easily.

My eyes widened in shock and disbelief. The room seemed to spin as I clutched the gift box tighter. Tears welled up in my eyes as the realization hit me -
Meer was asking for forgiveness from Shaheen for choosing our family over whatever bond they shared.

I don't want to think about us but what about the others.
The little sisters of his.
They'll be so shattered to know if this is the truth.
What about everyone who trusts him.
I don't want this to be truth, but what about my eyes , I hope it is a lie cause it can lie right, but why is he sounding so hurt speaking, didn't he love me?

Feeling my heart shatter, I silently stepped back, leaving the precious gift behind near the trash. I couldn't bear to confront Meer with the painful hurt he said. As the door closed behind me, the weight of my broken heart overshadowed the joy I had hoped to share, and the echoes of meer's words haunted my every step away from his office.

I could only hear his words.
My chest heaved up with pang of hurt. The words were silent for me.
The only thing I could utter was
"He isn't my Meer...this is not you..jalal..you don't mean this...a break...and we'll be fine...we'll be fine..Meer....don't hurt....me...his only..Jaana...I'm his only...."

And with a tainted heart I left.
Left for the good , for the good of my babies.

😭😭chapter ends here.
Guys, sorry for the short update.
But that's it for today.
See you soon
Hit the Star button after you are done reading.