52. Lies

"It's all over." She said 300th time to herself cocooned up in the bed.

"Lies. Lies. Lies." She whispered.

"What wrong did I ever do?"

"He was traumatized because of his childhood. I understand. B-b-but this was so bad." And she burst into tears.

"I-I want to believe him. My husband. My lover. H-he said he only loved me b-but. But once upon a time he also said that he won't hurt me and would never lie to me."

"It is all because I chose my dreams. I chose to come to Canada. Had I not come, I would have never met him. I would never have a stalker. I would have never met this bastard Abhay. I would have been-"

And she sobbed looking at her hands which were bruised due to Abhay's beatings.

After continuously staring at them, her eyes filled with tears again and she started slapping herself with her bruised hands.

"Me.me.me!!" She screamed as she slapped her face.

"I am the root cause."

"I chose my dreams. I chose to come here. I stepped in this world. I! I! I!" She slapped herself more badly.

Her hair which was once perfectly smooth was not fully and badly tangled up.

"Loveleen was right. The world is not as rose coloured as it seems. Or I sh-should say, as I used to see it."

"It would be so much better if I just di-"

"B-Bittu.." and that is when realization struck her even more badly.

"Waheguru!!!" She screamed.

She sobbed. Quietly.

She smiled and caressed her baby bump.

"tu aakhri ummeed meri."

(you are my last hope)

She started to sing while patting her baby as if talking to him.

"tutt kite jaawi na"

(don't break away)

Her voice was filled with her sobs. Her face was red. Singing to console her own self. To express her true emotions.

"lutti hoi nu ve jaani"

(I am lost now)

Her sadness could be felt in her voice.

The way she trembled while singing each word.

"lutt kite jaawi na"

(please don't leave me)

Because each word was representing her situation. Her mental health.

"main jhooth badalda vekheya"

(I have seen lies changing)

Her life. Her relationship. Her husband.

"main sach badalda vekheya."

(I have seen truth changed)

Meri Manu ko sab best milega life mein. (My Manu will get everything best in her life.)

Her father used to say this.

Memories flashed in her mind.

She controlled her crying voice. More like forced.

"main badalde pathar vekhe ne."

(I have seen stones changed)

She hissed in sadness.