59. Love

Manheer's pov

After Amrit showed me that the white Kurta was now completely washed, I was finally relieved.

But then, a message popped up on my phone.

And I was left blank.

Everything is over.

Tears rolled down my cheeks and that's when Amrit noticed me.

He ran towards me and hugged me.

"Who has wished for death?" He says.

He held the phone from my hand to check what happened and-

"Amrit it's over." I say without any emotion and take my phone back from his hands and leave.

He holds my wrist and pulls me closer to his chest so that I collide with him.

"Nothing is over. You know your husband is here. You will give your exam."

I laugh.

"Amrit I missed my all 4 exams because I was fucking kidnapped and you say I will give?" I mock.

"You know why I wanted to give this exam in the first place?"

I go closer to him and look directly in his eyes.

"Cause I wanted to be independent. I know you can do anything with your so-called powers but still if I give exam because you threatened the authorities, it will be again on your shoulder and not mine!"

"Leave it. I ll give it next year."

I say and then leave.

I had prepared so hard for this exam.

So fucking hard.

The one and only reason I came to Canada.

The reason why my eyes had tears in the first place was because of course when you prepare so hard for something, it hits you bad when you lose it.

Compromising is what I have learnt.

Four months later.

I was in our room on the ground floor where there is no balcony now.

I used to feel so empty here, so I added some plants.

Lavenders ofcourse.

I can never get over lavenders.

Never..

Holding the spray jar in my hand, I was sprinkling water on my beautiful babies when someone barged in from the door gaining all my attention.

Amrit.

He was so angry talking to someone on call.

He was basically shouting.

"Amrit?" I tried to say but my voice was not audible in his shouting one.

"Heyy!" I tried to say again as I put the water jar down and go towards him.

I try to pat on his shoulder when I feel sudden contractions in my stomach.

I wanted to pat on his shoulder, instead my hand holds his white t-shirt so hardly that he looks back at me.

"Ahh-"

He instantly throws away his phone and holds me.

"Aahhhh-" the contractions increase.

"Amrittt" the pain becomes unbearable and tears roll down my eyes.

"Hey hey hey, breath..breath meri jaan. Take deep breaths." He picks me up in bridal style and runs towards the lawn.