Chapter 223: A Welcome Face (2)

There's a saying that goes, 'There's nothing as heartbreaking as getting injured in the military.' This statement is partly true and partly false.

For a soldier, their body is almost their entire asset. Especially if they sustain injuries in areas like the arms or legs, it significantly affects their daily life and combat effectiveness. So, if someone gets injured among the troops, they should be protected, and every effort should be made for their recovery. If they insist on working in that condition? You should stop them, even if you have to scold them.

Going into combat while already injured not only increases the likelihood of more severe injuries but also results in a significant loss of overall combat capability. So, it's normal to wait and focus on recovery to return to the original state, and it's abnormal to continue under such circumstances.

Unless the situation is the absolute worst of the worst, injured personnel are not sent to the front lines. However, I've witnessed numerous instances in my past life where they couldn't even do this simple thing and created various rumors.

In that regard, the Minerva Empire's military, especially special units like the Navy Knights, can be considered exceptional. I heard from Nicole that she got injured towards the end of her entrance test, but the instructor just let her pass and exempted her from the test.

In fact, the reason for the injury was something the instructor found acceptable. Nicole had preserved her stamina until the end of the test, while other trainees were complaining and she was helping her peers, which led to her injury.

"It was really just an accident. During our march, we were suddenly ambushed by a group of orcs. Thankfully, it's a place known for frequent monster appearances, so the instructors were prepared, but there were just too many of them. That's how it happened."

Nicole explained in a nonchalant voice as she lightly tapped her injured right arm with her left hand. While she might genuinely be okay, my worry as a brother couldn't help but manifest.

It's not like it's any other part, it's her arm. For a knight, it's one of the most critical places to get injured.

She was lucky she received immediate medical attention, as initially, her bone had broken in half. Any worse, and she might have lived with a lifelong disability.

Did she figure out what I was thinking? Nicole chuckled and gently reached out, lightly pinching my cheek.

"Don't make that kind of expression. Even though I'm a trainee, now I am also a knight. Knights should be prepared for unexpected situations anytime, anywhere. A mere injury like this is nothing. Just the fact that I received an injury is far from what it means."

"Noona, the human body is much weaker than other species."

"I know that. Still, don't worry too much."

To ease my worries even a bit, Nicole put on a bright smile. Maybe thanks to that, I found myself lifting the corners of my mouth into a warm smile.

In one way or another, she is strong. Not only did she perform her duties as an assistant alongside Adelia at the academy, but she also inherited remarkable talent from our father.

Although she got injured, she easily passed the Navy Special Warfare entrance test, so if she stays cautious, she shouldn't suffer any further injuries.

"If that's what noona says, then okay. Did you visit the mansion before coming?"

"Yeah. There have been quite interesting things going on during that time, right? Starting with the Demon Princess and ending with the Elf incident. It hasn't even been a month, but a lot of incidents happened."