Chapter 254: Noble (1)

The issue of Adelia's maid conversion was important, but there are still many matters left unresolved, piled up like a mountain. Leona and her mother are scheduled to visit the estate soon, and Cherry, who has disguised herself, will also be visiting shortly.

Leona is aware of information about Adelia, and Cherry is closely related to my identity. Therefore, I intentionally excluded stories related to Cherry. Although I provided a rough explanation in the letter, it's much better to hear directly from the individuals involved than to read it.

I explained in detail to my mother, seeking her opinion on how to proceed in the future. Both of my parents are aware that Leona is a beastwoman. Especially my father, having experienced conflicts with beastmen in the border areas during his active duty, witnessed his comrades falling to the savage beastmen with his own eyes.

Naturally, there is bound to be resentment towards them. As mentioned before, there is a deep concern that my father might vehemently oppose it. Although the whole situation has come about weirdly, Leona's affection towards me is sincere. She passionately rubs her face as if she has truly become a cat, and even her tail sways.

The incidents arising from cultural differences between humans and beastmen don't bother those around us. To the extent that others expressed that they see Leona not as a competitor but as a pet. This is a shared opinion between Marie and Cecily.

And then, as if indifferent to the explanation, mother opened her mouth.

"Don't worry about that. Both I and your dad don't pay much attention to it."

"Even Dad, Mom?"

"Yeah. At first, he frowned a bit, but he respected your choice."

Unexpectedly, even Dad responded calmly. It seems I worried for nothing, and it kinda made me feel disappointed.

"But the child is coming just with her name, right? Being the daughter of the third wife, she has nothing, right?"

"Yes. She said the other wives, except the first one, are spoils of war."

"Is there anything that child can help you with?"

"Well..."

I heard my mother's question and thought deeply. Leona is known not only among students but also among professors for her excellent reputation, as she is dedicated to her studies.

Her intellect is extraordinary, and although she may be stern, she is also eloquent. I've heard that she even had a debate with a professor last time, although she ended up losing. However, the professor highly praised her curiosity and gave her a perfect score.

Because of this, professors are making efforts to bring Leona in as their assistant. However, Professor Elena, who is in charge of history, seems indifferent. In her freshman year, she couldn't adapt due to the complex political situation of human society and beastmen, but by the second year, she expressed her talents and abilities without reservation.

"Her reputation within the academy is really good. You could say she has a promising future as a scholar."

"A scholar... What kind of scholar does she want to become?"

"I'm not sure about that. Leona's goal is solely to graduate from the academy."

Leona, in order to make her mother happy, entered the Halo Academy while hiding her true identity. Her sole goal is to obtain a graduation certificate from the Halo Academy.

If she only needs the certificate for graduation, there's no need for her to enter a specific department; she just has to complete the courses until the fourth year.