Chapter 243: Invitation (2)

Inviting Cherry to the exhibition surprisingly proceeded very smoothly, much more easily than expected. Despite hesitating a few times due to the oppressive home environment, she readily accepted the proposal.

The ease of acceptance left me rather dumbfounded. When I cautiously inquired if her family was not concerned, a bewildering response came back, leaving me perplexed.

"Senior's proposal is much more important than my family."

Upon hearing that, a sense of unease prompted me to hastily ask further questions, fearing potential consequences if discovered.

The subsequent response was truly bewildering. Cherry, with her distinct hazy gaze, blinked slowly and responded with a playful tilt of her head.

"Is there anything scarier than senior's indifference?"

It was a statement that seemed to diverge in various meanings, but she seemed satisfied with just attending the exhibition. It appeared that she had somewhat dealt with the trauma related to her family.

I then asked about the progress of the next volume. Apparently, despite loosely attending classes, she diligently wrote as much as she did in the first volume.

Cherry, like me, had a style of planning the plot in advance and didn't experience delays in her writing pace.

According to her, now that a month had passed since the release of the first volume, if she completed the finishing touches, releasing the second volume was feasible.

Curious about her new work, I playfully urged her. However, Cherry seemed to take my jests quite seriously.

How serious was it?

"If I can't keep the promise, I'll cut my wrist."

"No. There's no need for that."

"No, it's your order, Senior. I must absolutely keep it."

"... ..."

With a resolution not to joke with Cherry in the future, I returned to the accommodation. All classes were over, and with the exam period, time was relatively relaxed.

The remaining time was naturally being poured into writing. From volume 17 onwards, especially in volume 19, devils from the Seven Deadly Sins, slowly start to emerge.

The Wrath, Satan has already been defeated magnificently, so naturally, he won't appear, and the remaining Seven Deadly Sins will gradually make their appearance. However, Pride and Gluttony will be dealt with by Xenon and Jin, respectively, a little later. They will serve as driving forces for growth for these two characters, so their appearance is inevitable.

Nevertheless, due humanity's utmost efforts and hardships, they've established a coalition force. However, the devils are incredibly powerful. What's even more terrifying about devils are their seemingly endless numbers.

Even Elvenheim couldn't overcome this quantity and, despite resistance, ended up being pushed back. Moreover, if it hadn't been for the heroic sacrifices of the heroes, Diablo might have resurrected.

Fortunately, there haven't been instances where devils directly attacked while awaiting Diablo's resurrection, but it's not something that can be left unattended. Here, the Elves who were lost Elvenheim were sharpening their swords. The Elves who lost their home hurriedly fled to the area inhabited by the Dark Elves after the sudden demonic invasion.

However, the deep-seated conflict between the Elves and Dark Elves, built up over a long time, hasn't diminished. They not only argue among themselves but, particularly, the older generation of Elves clashed with the younger generation of Dark Elves.