Chapter 229: Spoilers (1)

Xavier, founded to worship only Luminous, the deity of light and hope.

The establishment of Xavier occurred just after the end of the Devil War, when humans erected Xavier in honor of Luminous, who had saved them. During the Devil War, there were also Mora and Harte, but they couldn't perform as remarkably as Luminous.

To elaborate further, Luminous bestowed blessings upon those at the frontline, Mora concealed the sight of fleeing refugees with a veil, and finally, Harte gifted the seed of the World Tree to the Elves.

Due to these circumstances, Luminous's actions stood out even more, and particularly, the feeble humans had no choice but to worship him. Luminous was the deity who bestowed divine power upon them while they were fighting devils bare-handedly in dire situations.

Heroes emerge in turbulent times. And under Luminous's protection during the Devil War, numerous heroes were born, many of whom perished gloriously without even leaving their names. At the end of this sequence was founded the nation known as the holy kingdom of Xavier.

Any civilization established in the name of a deity tends to demonstrate immense power.

Moreover, unlike Earth, the gods of this world not only exist but also continue to wield significant influence to this day. Until the societal culture in Xavier developed as it is today, they became intoxicated with their power and committed dreadful atrocities.

They unilaterally categorized demons as evil beings and massacred them, suppressing neighboring nations under the guise of a 'holy war.' Those who didn't believe in Luminous were persecuted under absurd pretexts, being labeled as heretics.

However, it seemed Luminous found this unacceptable and swiftly stopped it through divine intervention. If ignored, he graciously bestowed 'divine punishment.'

Thanks to his support, the Xavier Kingdom was able to barely hold onto its faltering path and has now risen to be a powerful nation while maintaining a neutral stance. Because most people believe in Luminous, there wasn't a place in any country where temples weren't built, and receiving support funds made the country wealthy.

However, due to the necessity of maintaining strict neutrality, there was little interference in international affairs unless absolutely necessary. This was because unlike in the past, there was no need felt to meddle in the affairs of other weaker nations.

At least until Xenon's Biography and the appearance of devil worshippers.

"So, Cardinal Kate. May I ask what you've summoned us for?"

Around a round table adorned with the symbol of the Xavier and the Luminous, representing the sun, four people were seated in the cardinal directions.

The elderly man seated in the east, Deimos, directed the question to Kate, who was seated opposite him. His eyebrows were almost completely covered by thick hair, and his impressive beard was striking. The others, apart from Kate, shifted their gaze to her with curious expressions. One was a middle-aged man, the other a middle-aged woman.

You might have already inferred, but these people summoned by Kate were the cardinals of Xavier. In other words, they hold power and authority just below the Pope. Despite their individual busy schedules, the fact that Kate was able to gather them in one place hints at her considerable influence.

Unlike other cardinals, she even holds the position of Grand Inquisitor, positioning her one step higher than them in terms of hierarchy, considering roles alone.

Kate didn't have much interest in politics, but if she had put her mind to it, she could have become a real influential figure. Thankfully, she could somewhat let go of her feelings, considering her distorted common sense in human relationships.