Chapter 226: Book 17 (1)

I've always thought about it, but I feel grateful that my father's genes have manifested, albeit late. If that hadn't happened, my back would have been broken a long time ago.

However, a bigger issue remained: the changed attitudes of Marie and Cecily. It's not that they were distant or have lost affection towards me, but rather it has deepened even more than before.

To the point where the intensity has become so strong.

Originally, we used to compromise with each other, but starting with Adelia, it seems like they've developed a new preference of conspiring together.

Rather than waiting for their turn, it seems they took to staying by my side. Surprisingly, Marie was more proactive than Cecily, and her jealousy seems to be increasing day by day, always trying to keep me by her side.

In her heart, she even wanted us to share a dorm like a married couple. Thanks to that, I could understand how much she loves me.

As time goes by, more women gather around me, but still, I will prioritize Marie and love her passionately.

She was the first to notice me and confess her love, so I couldn't do anything less.

'Oh, by the way, it's almost our 1-year anniversary.'

I remember the exact day when Marie and I officially started dating. I have a habit from my past life of diligently commemorating anniversaries and such.

In this world, apart from birthdays, there's no culture of commemorating special days. Even with engagements or marriages, it ends there.

So, wouldn't she be moved if I remembered our anniversary? Since I've caused Marie some emotional turmoil, I plan to give back as much as I can.

Of course, Cecily was the same. Even if she pretends not to mind if I only take care of Marie, she'll feel disappointed inside.

'But what could be a good gift...'

It was a dilemma thinking about what would be an appropriate gift here, cosmetics or an expensive perfume would be the safest, but asking other women would still be the best.

So, I planned to send a letter to my mother soon and ask her. Or maybe subtly ask Marie so she doesn't catch on.

Becoming a good-for-nothing, this is the best expression of goodwill and apology I can do. Since this might not be enough, I'll make sure to commemorate the special days diligently to soothe their hearts.

Anyway, since the Adelia incident, my life has been divided into assistant duties, writing, and sweet dates with my lovers, as usual. There's nothing else to do than things that require attention one by one, but recently, I've been concentrating on writing.

I've become accustomed to the assistant life, so helping Elena and Cindy is a breeze, and as for the dates... let's just pass over that.

However, during the weekend, Adelia's face bloomed with a bright smile, and that made me very satisfied. Not a smile to hide the wounds but a genuinely happy one. Just that alone is worth sacrificing my waist for.

Although we briefly deviated to another topic, let's get back to the issue of Volume 17. As everyone knows, Volume 17 focuses on Jin and Lily, and it depicts the events unfolding in the 'Holy Church,' which can be considered the 'Church' episode of Xenon's Biography, centered around Xavier like country.

... Let's not complain that I chose the name 'Holy' too casually. I just named it like this because I couldn't think of a better name.

Anyway, the development is that a priest associated with devils threatens Jin and Lily in the Holy Church. This story was also rather realistic.