Chapter 224: A Happy Face (1)

Adelia and I ended up alone in a room, thanks to Nicole pushing us in without warning. Being in the same room as her wasn't a big deal, as it happened often, but the problem was the situation.

Nicole's words before leaving lingered in our minds. 'Decide quickly, whether you have a kiss or fuck.' She also said she was going to scold her sisters-in-law.

In the sudden and unexpected situation, I had no idea what decision to make. But now that I calmed down, it seems like I know. To ensure there's no further interference in Adelia's and my relationship, I decided to take matters into my own hands.

"Why is she acting like this all of a sudden?"

"...Well, I don't know."

Adelia, too, initially had an expression of not understanding the situation at all. Unlike me, who had a deep(?) conversation with Nicole, for her, it was like a bolt out of the blue.

However, as time passed and the atmosphere between us became more subtle, it seemed like she noticed something.

The situation was one where, to connect her best friend with her own younger sibling, she pushed them together into one room. Not only that, but she left words behind to build 'certainty.'

While I was silently sighing deeply, Adelia hesitated to open her mouth while glancing at my face. I waited in silence until she spoke first.

It would only make the situation awkward if I opened my mouth first, so Adelia had to initiate the conversation.

"...Did you tell Nicole?"

When a quiet silence settled in, Adelia cautiously asked me with a careful voice. After a long time, she took the initiative to start the conversation.

I realized the meaning contained in her question and nodded my head silently. What's the point of saying it? The situation already speaks for itself.

Adelia nodded in acknowledgment of my affirmation, then made a face as if she herself didn't know what to say.

Usually, it was normal for her to playfully tease with her characteristic lively smile, but the situation was as complicated as it can be.

"Right, Nicole has a mischievous side too. I didn't know this well..."

"..."

"Cutie, do you think the same? You know it well, don't you? How strict she normally is."

Nevertheless, she was making an effort to lighten the mood somehow. I remained silent, just listening to her talk.

Adelia forced an awkward laugh, scratching her cheek and then started speaking incoherently.

"Su-suddenly asking for a kiss. What was it again? S-sex..."

But when the word she couldn't bring herself to say finally came out, she tightly sealed her lips. The faint blush rising on her fair skin vividly expressed her emotions.

Watching Adelia's neck gradually turning redder, I let out a bitter smile. It seemed increasingly difficult for her to speak.

If that's the case, there's only one thing for me to do. I need to bring out the words she wants to say.

"It seems Nicole noona must be quite frustrated. Perhaps she brought me here because handling the situation is beyond her."

"Bu-but you have an engagement... Nicole should know about it, so why..."

"I said that. But she asked me whether I want to be remembered as a scoundrel who took a mistress without his wife's permission or as a trash who freely played with a woman's feelings. I chose the first option, and that's how it turned out."