Chapter 248: Book 19 (3)

Even though Marie was right beside, Cecily showed her greed, so Marie naturally got upset. I thought the situation might become noisy again, but fortunately, Cecily apologized first, saying it was just a joke.

When Cecily stuck her tongue out like a prankster, Marie reluctantly let it go, but I know. I know she was sincere.

Whether it's because the evil cycle is approaching or because of the 19th volume that was recently published and Arwen's statement, I'm not sure, but it seems like Cecily is eagerly waiting for an opportunity.

Considering the nature of the demon race, getting pregnant easily might be unlikely, but recalling her appearance during the demonic possession, it's not entirely impossible.

Although Marie, like a huge barrier, stood in the way, Cecily was subtly expressing her desires. Just by observing the increased physical contact, it was evident.

Marie seems to have noticed this, as there has been an increase in efforts to restrain Cecily, who has always been a powerful rival. After all Marie always emphasized that she is first, and even with having a child, she insisted on being the first.

But whenever Cecily and Marie talk about it, I try to smoothly move on and return to the peaceful situation.

It's just speculation, but Cecily might be trying to provoke Marie in this way to instill anxiety. It's not entirely impossible, as there have been students who got pregnant and married while attending the academy. However, both Marie and I are being cautious.

Even though I'm Xenon, everyone has their dreams and things they want to do. In my case, it's becoming a historian, and for Marie, it's studying political science for her benefit.

There's no need to rush into engagement. Cecily expressed her feelings, but I didn't feel any pressure. Above all, we need to think about what's happening at the Michelle territory and the upcoming exhibition.

As mentioned before, Leona and Cherry will also attend this exhibition. Cherry can stay at the mansion with the permission of my parents as a guest, but Leona is a bit of a problem. Leona isn't just a friend; she's my future wife. Though the customs of the beastmen culture led to a speedy process, it's still a bit ambiguous.

I haven't revealed to her that I am Xenon yet, and there's also Adelia. For Adelia's sake, the first night with Leona should be postponed.

However, this is also a matter of etiquette(?), but it bothers me. For now, I'll stay at the mansion.

"Ah, that? It's okay. I can stay with my mother."

"Your mother?"

"Yeah. She said she'd come to the academy the day before the break. I don't care, so we can decide our matchmaking later. Just find a decent inn for now."

Leona was momentarily forgetting that she was a filial daughter. When I briefly met her at the cafe and informed her of this fact, she cheerfully brushed it off. Instead, she asked if I could lend her some money to enjoy the festival with her mother, and I agreed, as I was willing to help.

"Oh, by the way, I heard that temples for Luminous and Mora will be built on your territory?"

"You heard about it too?"

"Of course. I read the newspaper every day. But isn't it a bit unfair to leave out Lord Harte?"

"I am considering inviting a sorcerer as well."

As mentioned before, Harte is the goddess of life and nature. Unlike the twin siblings, she doesn't grant divine powers and simply represents nature itself, exerting the greatest influence on humanity. Through rituals, she can easily bring rain to drought-stricken lands or unleash storms causing significant damage to others.