Chapter 256: Noble (3)

A commoner asking a noble for guidance might seem strange. It could come across as rude or make one question the sanity of the person making the request. However, this was only on the surface. Though the conversation was brief, it contained many underlying meanings.

Musk extended a handshake hinting that he knew who I was.

Think of it as a meeting between business partners. Musk, mistakenly thinking my father is Xenon, likely assumed that I, as his son, would be aware of who he is. It's a risky gamble, more significant than it appears. But given the substantial return, Musk initiated the conversation.

Above all, Musk diligently built a trusting relationship by upholding his faith in Xenon's Biography. Ironically, it's challenging for me to find someone comparable to Musk on my side.

Musk probably knew this, and that might be why he took the gamble. While I'm uncertain about his perspective on Xenon's Biography, at least it doesn't seem like he reveres it to a level of 'worship.'

Well, maybe in a different sense of worship. Since Xenon's Biography was pouring money that one couldn't earn in a lifetime.

Anyway, in the accumulated trust between Musk and me, social status didn't pose any issues. Finding someone as remarkable as Musk would be difficult for me, and Musk probably won't find a masterpiece like Xenon's Biography either.

A mutually beneficial business relationship where both parties gain advantages without crossing any lines.

"I'll provide some guidance, but to be honest, I don't know our territory well either. I recently returned as an academy student, so it hasn't been long."

"Hahaha. That's fine. Honestly, I used guidance as an excuse, I just wanted to have a casual chat."

The request for guidance was just a pretext, in reality, it was an opportunity for conversation. Although he had met my father before, this was our first encounter.

Now, exploring various parts of the territory and getting to know each other through casual conversations was a priority.

"But are you okay physically? I heard you were ambushed by devil worshippers..."

"Haha. I'm fine now. Just in case, I always carry emergency potions with me."

Seeing him laugh heartily in response indicates that he's doing well. If I thought about it, Musk was both a beneficiary and a victim. However, like a seasoned merchant, he showed composure. Upon hearing my question, Musk, with a grin, subtly asked.

"By the way, how did you know about that? I clearly sent a letter..."

Though he tried to muddle his words out of concern that someone might be listening, it was clear what he meant. He sent a letter for sure, but how could I, who was at the academy, know about it?

As mentioned earlier, Musk mistakenly thinks I am not Xenon but my father, the author of Xenon's Biography. After all, father brought the draft of the first volume to the publishing house, and since then, he had a messenger take care of things. It's only natural for him to think this way.

Continuing to misunderstand like that is not a problem, but Musk is one of the trustworthy people. Moreover, even if he mistook me for my father, it would only add an unnecessary step, so there's no problem even if it's revealed.

Without answering, I just gave a slight smile. Musk, noticing the various meanings in my smile, widened his eyes slightly and soon burst into hearty laughter.

"Hahaha. So, that's how it is. Surprising, isn't it?"

"What's surprising? Because I'm too young?"

"That too, but I didn't expect you to tell me so straightforwardly. Can I take it as a sign that you trust me that much?"