Chapter 247: Book 19 (2)

At the same time the 19th volume was released, rumors spread about a new temple being erected on Michelle territory. Even those who didn't subscribe to the newspaper would have caught wind of it through the grapevine. In other words, acquaintances who know my true identity are aware that I've received the gift from the demons.

Cecily knows the nature of the gift, so she overlooked it. The rest of the people, however, were left wondering what kind of gift I received that drastically improved my work speed, considering they were used to me releasing a new volume once a month, but now I could manage one every two weeks or even ten days.

Therefore, I arranged a meeting to show them the typewriter. Since I had finished all my exams, having a gathering after such a long time wasn't an issue. Oh, of course, I couldn't openly carry the typewriter around, so I enlisted Cecily's help. Cecily had become closer to me since the reincarnation remark from Arwen the last time, but after the release of the 19th volume, it felt like we had grown even closer.

It seemed different from mere misunderstanding; even the gaze had changed. It felt like the expression of her affection had intensified, perhaps as the evil cycle approached.

Anyway, with Cecily's assistance, I arrived at the café where my acquaintances were waiting. Since the exams were almost over, I could afford to take a little breather.

"Is this it?"

"Yeah."

"It looks fascinating."

Let me show you the typewriter first. Marie opened her eyes wide, scanning here and there with a sense of wonder and curiosity in her blue eyes, like a child discovering a toy. As I smiled at the unknown delight of witnessing her, Marie, who had been examining the typewriter, pressed the keys firmly with her index finger.

Coincidentally, the typewriter was already powered on, and holographic characters began to line up on the display. Marie, watching the scene, exclaimed in awe and removed her index finger. At the same time, the characters that had been appearing stopped.

Looking at the holographic characters suspended in the air, she turned to me and asked.

"How do you use this?"

"Do you see the gap here at the bottom? If you insert paper here, the characters will be copied onto it."

"Amazing. How does it work, though?"

"I have no idea."

I am ignorant not only in magic but also in engineering. Even in my past life, I was a liberal arts student; does that count for anything? Anyway, explaining the principle wouldn't make sense to anyone except Cecily, who understands these things.

"Can I write anything?"

"Of course. Feel free to write."

At Marie's request, I gently pushed the typewriter toward her. She carefully examined the typewriter once again, then began pressing each letter with her index finger.

The way she typed using the eagle method was truly cute and endearing. She seemed completely absorbed, alternating between focusing on the typewriter and the hologram, occasionally biting her lip in concentration.

Curious about what she might type, I shifted my gaze to the hologram displaying the sequence of characters. As expected, she was in the midst of typing her own name.

Just like the Gartz explained before, people's thoughts seem to be quite similar in appearance.

Wiiing—

Finally, just in case, I had prepared an extra sheet of paper for copying, and as I did, Marie's blue eyes sparkled endlessly.

Written with a clean font, she exclaimed upon seeing her name printed on the paper.