Chapter 232: Spoilers (4)

Who suffers the most when the world inadvertently spoils your story? Is it the writer who lost the story they were yet to write? Or is it the devil worshiper struck by a bolt from the blue? Or perhaps the nation of Xavier struck by a scandal?

None of these.

Among those who have suffered the most from real world spoilers are the 'readers.' Those ordinary readers who have a significant interest in worldly affairs but do not actively engage. It's like being spoiled in reality because, due to the ending of Volume 17, they are dying to know the rest of the story.

In addition, in this world, even without the internet, the art of publication has developed so that one can access news through newspapers. At least, each household subscribes to one newspaper, making it easy to keep up with the news of the world.

Especially Xenon's Biography, a book that almost no one does not read. Even if rumors spread, you can't help but overhear them.

[It's good to purify evil, but the taste for anticipation of what comes next has disappeared.]

[Readers feel both anger and frustration. It can be understood given the situation, but it's still regrettable.]

[Will Volume 18 unfold just like reality?]

It was enough to shock the whole world that none other than Xavier had devil worshippers hidden within, even more so a Cardinal.

So, readers also had no choice but to take a somewhat ambiguous stance. No matter how important Xenon's Biography was, there was nothing as important as reality.

Above all, since Xenon's Biography is being treated as a prophecy, it's a position that something happening in reality based on that prophecy is not unusual.

People who only worship Xenon's Biography shed tears, passing it off casually, excluding all of this. However, expectations for Volume 18 were somewhat shaken...

[Readers. It's frustrating, so I hope Volume 18 comes out quickly...]

[Since we already know the story, it would be nice if Volume 19 also came out together...]

...Instead of diminishing, it rather soared. They wanted to confirm the events in Xavier and the contents of Volume 18 as soon as possible, even if it was just for a day.

If the content of Volume 18 aligns astonishingly with real-world events, the value of Xenon's Biography will skyrocket. Otherwise, doubt will creep in. No, not even doubt.

The world is weaving absurd speculations about me being under some 'constraint.' There's a ridiculous notion that, even to avoid constraints, I could modify the content of Volume 18. Hence, a mood has formed where even if the content diverges, it wouldn't disperse the suspicion.

Doubts directed at me could lead to doubts aimed at the divine, as some priests have suggested. Kate has done something quite amusing.

So, what should I, as the author, do? Well, I should just write as planned, without any modifications. Even though Volume 18 hasn't been released, I anticipated this situation to some extent through Luminous's confirmation, and it didn't have any adverse effects on me.

Should I issue a statement through a letter? If letters had any effect, I would have sent more than a hundred a day. According to my father, the situation at the publishing company is even worse than chaotic.

Originally, people from the upper class, including nobles, came to connect with me, but now even clergy were approaching. They were even threatening me, demanding information about me urgently, stating that Xenon's assistance is crucial in initiating the 'Holy War.' Fortunately, such individuals were soon apprehended by other clergymen and faced severe punishment.