Chapter 228: Book 17 (3)

The goddess of darkness and rest, Mora, unlike her twin brother Luminous, has a strong mischievous side in addition to being headstrong. Sometimes she teases her followers or plays pranks, and if someone among her followers scolds her sternly, she might sulk.

Because of this, there are doubts not only about whether she is truly a goddess but also whether she has spent an unimaginable amount of time as a transcendent being.

Luminous, on the other hand, presents a more genuinely divine demeanor. However, the skepticism isn't malicious. It's merely a desire for her to maintain her dignity as a deity.

Moreover, Mora's behavior may seem mischievous, but she is a benevolent deity, showing a different kind of compassion and kindness to her followers compared to Lumine.

[You're late! Do you have any idea how long I've been waiting?]

'Sorry.'

[You might as well have been an hour later! Then I could have turned you into a woman!]

Her playful nature is a bit excessive, but I breathed a sigh of relief internally, hearing Mora's tantrum.

I could tolerate having long hair. Although it was uncomfortable, it didn't interfere much with daily life. However, changing genders was something I needed to prevent at all costs. Imagining the awkwardness of losing what was below and gaining what was above made me shudder.

'I'd appreciate it if you didn't make such horrifying comments.'

[Oh! Horrifying? Sure, your shoulders might be a bit stiff, and you might feel a bit empty down there, but it won't be that bad.]

'If you're going to joke like that, I'll leave.'

[Sorry.]

When I earnestly declined, Mora seemed puzzled but immediately apologized. For some reason, Mora's face, awkwardly smiling and sticking out her tongue appeared in my mind.

Dealing with her was draining in many ways, but I couldn't help but feel she's human. That thought alone eased my mind.

Though she displays childlike behavior, it's oddly endearing. It's as if I'm interacting with an ordinary person, not a deity.

'By the way, do you have something to say?'

[No, not really? Just wanted some company, that's all.]

'But there are other gods.'

[They're themselves, and you are you. You're a soul from a different dimension, truly special.]

Initially, I wanted to retort, questioning what she meant. Yet, Luminous showed similar behavior. He even patted my head last time.

Being a soul from another dimension, Mora's interest in me must naturally be high. Thanks to that, my feelings were rather peculiar.

'If Cecily knew, she'd probably be upset.'

[That child isn't a soul from another dimension like you. And to me, all children are special. You're just exceptional.]

'Um... Okay, I understand.'

Even if she seems unreliable, Mora was still a goddess. Despite her playful manner, sincerity was woven into every word she spoke.

I pondered what words might please Mora and decided to bring up any topic. Since she mentioned being bored, I figured I'd go with the flow.

'Mora, you mentioned offering protection to demons and dark elves. Are there no other races?'