Chapter 238:Magnificent (3)

The elves, unlike demons, have a long history of interacting with other races, which has resulted in numerous positive and negative descriptors attached to them.

They are described as a race chosen by the gods, the first civilization, the origin of everything—positive descriptors that abound. However, there are also negative ones that counterbalance these positives.

They're labeled as arrogant, rude, snobbish, excessively prideful, hot-tempered, and discriminatory, with most descriptors culminating in "elves are arrogant." Just as the positive descriptors reflect their exceptional abilities, the negative ones are rooted in their undeniable capabilities, leaving others feeling overshadowed.

Even if elves were to criticize a specific aspect, others couldn't say a word in return. Their perceived arrogance stems from their unwavering belief in their own abilities, allowing them to dismiss criticisms easily.

Moreover, even if elves were to learn something from other races, they would only acknowledge it as such. In their fields of expertise, they wouldn't yield an inch to anyone, regardless of what they might learn from others.

Especially, the most potent aspect was magic. Magic has been the power and ability developed since the establishment of civilization, and indeed, the elves possess the most outstanding abilities.

The demons wield formidable firepower through dark mana, yet it's practically impossible for them, like the elves, to drop meteorites from the sky. While the demons can make barren lands fertile, they can't match the efficiency of the elves in doing so.

Instead, due to the persecution they faced over the years, the magic that aids daily life is far more abundant among demons than elves. Furthermore, magical items like refrigerators rival even the craftsmanship of dwarves.

However, do the elves consider that impressive? That's the question. They believe that with time, they can create not just the same but even better items. Of course, this is a thought possible because they haven't witnessed it firsthand. In reality, creating magical items requires immense expertise.

Refrigerators, magic pens, temperature control in dormitories, and so on. Although these are magical, engineering plays a significant role. The confidence that elves hold in their magic and research is quite similar to 'science', but engineering is a distinct field that emphasizes craftsmanship the most.

However, the elves seem to forget this fact, and Arwen is no exception. Despite her mixed heritage and integration into human society before entering Alvenheim, it seems inherent traits couldn't be altered. Moreover, Arwen herself took pride in magic, making her reluctant to yield.

Nevertheless, it's not that she was entirely wrong. If it were just the two of us, it might not matter, but the issue is that she uttered those words in front of Princess Cecily of Helium.

The magic of demons appears crude to the elves, citing evidence that elves are superior to demons and so on, even as Arwen, who is most wary of the elven trait of 'arrogance,' ironically exhibits a demeanor that befits it the most.

"A dwarf with a small chest..."

It's understandable why Cecily launched a personal attack. However, this constitutes a significant mistake on her part. While it would be one thing to disparage races like Arwen, this was a direct insult to an individual. It's akin to a signal flare veering into an odd direction in the midst of a fight.

"W-what did you just... What did you say?"

She might have whispered it, but there's absolutely no way Arwen, facing me, didn't hear it. It's no different from saying it aloud right in front of her.